Bullet, Factory Sealed, or Captured?

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm thinking about getting Captured, is it worth it?
And are you clean at the end?
Can they keep the bottle or what?

Because to me, it looks super clean and direct.
What about the gimmicks for it?

Dec 3, 2008
Well I don't have Captured but I do have Factory Sealed and Bullet. I would recomened (spelling?) Factory Sealed over Bullet any day. Sorry I don't have any info on Captured but I hope I helped a little.

-Ben Jackson

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Captured is an amazing coin-in-bottle effect.

You end slightly dirty in the end if using the ditch taught in the video, but if you can use a different ditch you can end clean.

Yes, they can keep the bottle and take it home with them and do whatever they want with it.

A few supplies are needed to set-up and do the effect, but it gets easier to setup after time.

May 31, 2008
I don't own captured, but I do won Factory and Bullet.

Factory Sealed is a very slow penetration. If you like elegant magic than this is for you.

Bullet is an effect where you SLAM! a quarter through a bottle. If you are an "extreme" magician this is for you.

It depends on your style basically.

Oct 8, 2007
First, FS and Bullet are coin-through-bottle effects, while Captured is a cap-through-bottle effect. Although similar in effect, the methods of a coin or cap in bottle differ in a number of ways.
So with that basis alone, and the object used to penetrate the bottle, you'd better compare Captured with its more appropriate counterparts (ie: Prohibition) and FS/Bullet with theirs.

Since you only asked specifically about Captured, here's what I can say.
The bottle and cap are normal, can be borrowed, but you'd need a little something else. These, however, can be acquired very easily.
As for the impromptu factor, there's a little set-up which can be done in a short while, though not in front of the audience.
After the dirty work, and after the penetration of course, you can hand them the bottle as a souvenir. They can inspect the bottle all they want, but you'd be busy with something else at that time. Don't worry about the clean-up though, as even the "slightly dirty" label is too much to describe how you're really going to end up with. With a bit of improvising, you can actually end totally clean.

May 27, 2008
WV
www.sinimagic.com
I don't own captured, but I do won Factory and Bullet.

Factory Sealed is a very slow penetration. If you like elegant magic than this is for you.

Bullet is an effect where you SLAM! a quarter through a bottle. If you are an "extreme" magician this is for you.

It depends on your style basically.

What the heck is an extreme magician?

As for captured, after the set up, it's almost self working. The clean up is simple because you can show your hand empty, there is no longer any heat on you.

Also if you're interested in cap in bottle effects, check out prohibition. It's as close to impromtu as you can get.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results