your partner and magic

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Well have you guys/girls ever been in the situation, maybe when you have a new girl or boyfriend and you show them a tricka nd they want to know how its done. what do you do?
do you mind showing them the method, or let them keep guessing.
Does your partner want to know, if so when they do know, do they give you tips how to make it better?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
My GF, being a performer herself, gives a great sense of non-magically thinking perspective. She's aware of a lot of methodology as she helps with a lot of stuff, also she's learnt some magic herself.

I think the only thing is when your partner will get SO annoyed that you never stop, every 2nd word is magic :p

D.

p.s.

www.MissLolaLenore.com

[plugplugplug]

Oct 14, 2008
Dog River
My GF, being a performer herself, gives a great sense of non-magically thinking perspective. She's aware of a lot of methodology as she helps with a lot of stuff, also she's learnt some magic herself.

I think the only thing is when your partner will get SO annoyed that you never stop, every 2nd word is magic :p

D.

p.s.

www.MissLolaLenore.com

[plugplugplug]
Some weird stuff on that site there my friend O_O

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well have you guys/girls ever been in the situation, maybe when you have a new girl or boyfriend and you show them a tricka nd they want to know how its done. what do you do?
do you mind showing them the method, or let them keep guessing.
Does your partner want to know, if so when they do know, do they give you tips how to make it better?

Initially, I never told her, though she never asked. I do respect the art of magic a lot, and take performance seriously, so I think that does come across - she knows I'm a performer in the general sense, and she is too, so she gets that.

Since then, though, it's a bit different. Being exposed to magic obviously just being around eventually turns her into a semi-layman. She does study some of my magic books out of interest, and I let her, it doesn't bother me. So she knows some things, and I'm still able to perform magic which actually retains magic, so yeah, all good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results