Blaine VS. Angel

Feb 24, 2009
California
One of them is taller than the other. That's about it, actually.

I don't really get these threads. They're all the same back and forth of people who say that Criss is a dickhead, the people that whine that what David does isn't presentation at all (odd logic, that), the people who hate them both, and the apologists for both.

My point in starting this thread was not to compare them as so many people do. I started this thread to show, and express my opinions on how I felt they were different. I don't feel Criss is a Dick head. Egocentric yes, dickhead no... Do I favor one over the other? Yes I do! But, if I were to speak the truth, it wasn't always that way. The Christ like innuendos, and sheit don't stink behavior soured the admiration i once had for Criss. David cares about the effect, and techniques. Thus, delivering a masterful performance directed towards the viewer. Which seems to be clearly his main priority.

- Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
My point in starting this thread was not to compare them as so many people do. I started this thread to show, and express my opinions on how I felt they were different. I don't feel Chriss is a Dick head. Egocentric yes, dickhead no... Do I favor one over the other? Yes I do! But, if I were to speak the truth, it wasn't always that way. The Christ like innuendos, and sheit don't stink behavior soured the admiration i once had for Chriss. David cares about the effect, and techniques. Thus, delivering a masterful performance directed towards the viewer. Which seems to be clearly his main priority.

- Jason

It's not really on topic, but your picture hurts my eye more than Thread

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
"I have a crappy pass and spectators never see or say anything.(maybe be because they shouldnt even be looking at the deck)
So im guessing its not that important either."

no. perfecting sleights is TOTALLY less important than the criss and david debate. totally. thats why we are magicians after all. to come to forums and talk about criss angel and david blaine. yes. im wrong.

"I have a crappy pass and spectators never see or say anything.(maybe be because they shouldnt even be looking at the deck)
So im guessing its not that important either."

no. perfecting sleights is TOTALLY less important than the criss and david debate. totally. thats why we are magicians after all. to come to forums and talk about criss angel and david blaine. yes. im wrong.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Any way I feel that this thread is like comparing God and Satan, or Apples to a pile of crap with a little apple skin. They are just too different in every aspect other then they do magic. Hence the apple skin in the pile of poo, you can guess the earlier.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Joshua Jay talked about this and pretty much said that Criss Angel tries too hard is often ruining that trust that most people have with magicians. He said that he USED to hear "Can he REALLY do that!?" "Is he REALLY that good?" etc etc. Now all he hears is people (lay people) telling him how fake and full of camera tricks most stuff on TV is.

I think David Blaine is better because he doesn't rely on trickery or edits or camera effects. Everything he does in the magic, is pretty much anything all of us could do. Now he does do a few effects every so often that are underground and won't be released. But the majority is pretty much stuff that takes skill.

Criss Angel relies too much on Camera tricks and bad acting. If you call screaming or acting like you are possessed when trying to do a card through window.. Then you need to take acting lessons.

As far the BEST guy on TV.. Cyril.. Everything Cyril does he is pretty nonchalant and natural about it. Even when he is pulling out a hamburger from a picture and then taking a bite out of it and putting it back. His card through the Window is also pretty amazing too. He did one while underwater and on a Submarine and another on a fish tank and then proceeded to reach through the glass and get the card.

Aug 1, 2008
the thing with criss is as he got more famiouse he got more cocky and thought he owned the world.thats most likly goin bring him to his down fall.as for db well he just styed out of the limelight and didnt let the fame go to his head and he didnt get cocky.so in the end db will prob still be doing magic well atleast on tv for ppl while criss in just few year will just stick to his show believe if it even last. just my thoughts lol

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I take it you've never worked for or with the man?

I'll take that above quote as confirmation on that.

And by the by... Minor point really. His name is Criss. No "h".

Yeah I've heard a few people who worked with him in his later years say that he was pretty much an asshat.

I know that Jay sankey used to create a few effects for him and left because of how much an ass Criss was being. I heard Banachek left for that reason as well.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yeah I've heard a few people who worked with him in his later years say that he was pretty much an asshat.

I know that Jay sankey used to create a few effects for him and left because of how much an ass Criss was being. I heard Banachek left for that reason as well.

I'm pretty sure Banachek was fired because Criss was being an ass.
Anyway you look at it, I think Criss was only holding him back anyways.
Banachek has a great mind, and with Criss out of the way, I can only see good stuff for the magic community from him.

Feb 24, 2009
California
I take it you've never worked for or with the man?

I'll take that above quote as confirmation on that.

And by the by... Minor point really. His name is Criss. No "h".

I have not worked with Criss. Not to say that future isn't possible. But, I am not seeking that out by any means.

Thanks for the correction on his name. I have seen and read it a million times. I guess my mind couldn't wrap around the idea that Criss could be short for Crissy. - Ahem

PH & db have recently received a trick I developed. And I would say working with them would be more likely. But even that is only a whispered chance. Who knows??

- My Thoughts

personally i think that Criss let the magic community down. When he first got Mindfreak off the ground as a weekly tv series, it was great for the magic world. Someone who actually was getting magic out there, in a very unique way. The physical stuff, especially the hanging by the hooks, really shocked and got a lot of people talking, myself included. But as time went on, it just seemed to become more and more synthetic. I think what really threw me over the edge was the Building Implosion. HypeHpyeHype, and then....... nothing. As far as how he acts towards others, i am very surprised and saddened that after all he talks about being kind to people, and appreciating all that he has, that he would be such a nasty person.

Umm,

I have some thoughts about Criss Angel. I am not a hardcore fan of his, but I do feel he has accomplished a lot. I think he might have got an award for magician of the decade or something like that. I do feel though that the thing most of you all hate about him is the image that a certain Tv Channel created.

I personally find a bunch of his effects inspirational, in the fact that I would like to figure out how to do it myself. Yeah I would love to go up to a dude and cut a card out from their head. Also I do not think he is that bad of a person, I mean he has provided jobs for his family members. I bet when the cameras are away and he becomes Christopher Sarantakos he isn't that bad of a person.

Just my thoughts.

Feb 24, 2009
California
Umm,

I have some thoughts about Criss Angel. I am not a hardcore fan of his, but I do feel he has accomplished a lot. I think he might have got an award for magician of the decade or something like that. I do feel though that the thing most of you all hate about him is the image that a certain Tv Channel created.

I personally find a bunch of his effects inspirational, in the fact that I would like to figure out how to do it myself. Yeah I would love to go up to a dude and cut a card out from their head. Also I do not think he is that bad of a person, I mean he has provided jobs for his family members. I bet when the cameras are away and he becomes Christopher Sarantakos he isn't that bad of a person.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with most of what you said... But the image he projects is too close to Christ, and he seems to have become very pompous. He needs to swallow the humble pill....

- My Thoughts

You bet? So you don't know. You've never met him, you've never worked with him, and you have no grounds to justify or found your statement on other than blind faith. Sir, religions have a better leg than that to stand on.

Your opinion is jaded because of your fandom.

This is an incredibly old thread I thought I would just point that out, opinions change over time. Also it really depends on what religion you are talking about but that is splitting hairs and I understand where you are coming from.

Criss I feel is a poser for one thing, so full of himself that I am pretty sure if he could get any farther into himself he would implode.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results