Which book do you recommend?

HI Magicians,

Anyone out there who owns The Royal Road To Card Magic and Expert At The Card Table:

I am having difficulty in deciding which book to purchase. Can anyone kindly share their experiences. =) Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Jan 22, 2009
Sweden
Buy RRTCM and download the Expert if you cant afford to buy them both. Its a free PDF download somewhere, just google it.

Apr 12, 2009
I would download the free Expert at the Card Table and learn everything you possibly can from it. If you need more after performing all you need from EATCT, then consider getting Royal Road.

{041109}

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You will, over the course of your magic, need both. It's never too early to start learning from Expert. BUT, if you don't know things like double lifts, false counts, etc., start with Royal Road.

Aug 31, 2007
California
If you are even questioning this, get Royal Road.

If you do not already have Royal Road, than you are probably not ready for Expert. Expert is more like a lifestyle, than an actual book, haha. Royal Road will have many more things you can use in your magic than Expert at the Card table, RIGHT now. In the future (after Royal Road) get serious about Expert at the Card table.

Keenan

Hi Magicians =)

Thnx for the replies.
As u can infer, my nick sleightofhand crazed i really love the art of sleight of hand and I am nt a green horn to it. I think i will get EATCT since its mre advanced.

F

fizzypopo8005

I'd definitely get Royal Road to Card Magic and not Expert at the card table...I have a both and I don't like EATCT at all...I'd replace that with Expert Card Technique, a lot great stuff in said book.

Sep 1, 2007
For years, I have been imploring magicians to get the complete
Tarbell Course in Magic. Harlan Tarbell teaches in this course how to become a real magician. As he says right in the beginning of Volume One, “One can give medicine to a friend, but that does not make him a doctor.” Tarbell trains people to be real magicians knowing the mechanics and fundamentals of magic.

Far too many young performers think that mastering magic is learning just sleights and words. Studying Tarbell teaches you what it is really all about. When you understand the total concept of what it means to be a magician, you will act and perform accordingly. When you do, your audience will recognize you as a skilled performer and give you the attention and respect necessary to work your miracles.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
For years, I have been imploring magicians to get the complete
Tarbell Course in Magic. Harlan Tarbell teaches in this course how to become a real magician. As he says right in the beginning of Volume One, “One can give medicine to a friend, but that does not make him a doctor.” Tarbell trains people to be real magicians knowing the mechanics and fundamentals of magic.

do you reccommend a specific volume cause money is tight for me

F

fizzypopo8005

did you not read it? or is it just too difficult that you can't be bothered to learn it the proper way.

Not difficult, difficult to read. Proper way of reading, please humor me, explain your ways.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results