Mythology High Five thread

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hey Nexus, high five!
Though personally I voted for that Randomwrath chappie. I mean, who wouldn't, what with his natural charisma and dashing good looks...:p

Apr 11, 2009
Nexus magic wins

I liked both Randomwraths and nexusmagic's performances but i was more interested througout whole presentation by nexusmagic's performances

Nov 29, 2008
I thought both were very appealing. Randomwrath incorporated his myth into the trick a little more, but i also like how nexus applied his myth to a routine he could do without the myth. I personally voted for nexus.

P.S.(Randomwrath) This had nothing to do with my decision, but it is not pronounced (mine-o-taur) it is pronounced (mi-know-taur). Just saying for future performances.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I thought both were very appealing. Randomwrath incorporated his myth into the trick a little more, but i also like how nexus applied his myth to a routine he could do without the myth. I personally voted for nexus.

P.S.(Randomwrath) This had nothing to do with my decision, but it is not pronounced (mine-o-taur) it is pronounced (mi-know-taur). Just saying for future performances.

Hey, you say tomato and I say tomato (hmm, that really makes more sense out loud...ah well :p). Thanks, I shall remember that for future reference.

Sep 1, 2007
Actually, I've heard a number of English people pronounce it mine-o-taur. Reason being that the original Greek word translates as "bull of Minos" so it is technically closer to how it was probably pronounced by the Greeks. The more common pronunciation of min-o-taur I think is a fairly recent adaptation of the pronunciation.

Nov 29, 2008
In reference to that, if one takes into the account the translation as 'bull of minos" then i guess the pronounciation would be (mee-know-taur). I'm just going by what my greek/latin teacher told me and what i have heard in the real world. I don't want to start an argument about it i'm just saying.

I just did a little research online, it seems that the only discrepancy is where you're from. Americans mainly use my pronounciation, and those in the U.K. use yours. No big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 29, 2008
Nex, Very entertaining - strong magic with strong personality - got to see some fast thinking and wit. I am a fan.

Sep 1, 2007
I want to thank you guys for taking up the challenge to raise the bar. You both had engaging and interesting contributions and I hope that others will follow your example.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results