New Here

Apr 7, 2009
Just wondering. if any one could help me with a couple things. i have been doing alot of purchase from E. i am getting ready to make a very big purchases from T11. so my question is i have NO training in flourishes i am going to buy.the system BY d&D also the trilogy and andthensome with that i am getting dangerous 2disk BY D.M. is this a good starting point or am i going to advanced pleas help me if you can thanks.

Apr 15, 2008
If you're willing to practise the time it actually requires, anyone can learn the flourishes from System, Trilogy and Dangerous. It might take longer if you're not used to flourishing though. Just be prepared for a challenge ;)

May 31, 2008
Just wondering. if any one could help me with a couple things. i have been doing alot of purchase from E. i am getting ready to make a very big purchases from T11. so my question is i have NO training in flourishes i am going to buy.the system BY d&D also the trilogy and andthensome with that i am getting dangerous 2disk BY D.M. is this a good starting point or am i going to advanced pleas help me if you can thanks.

You might be buying too much at once. Try buying just the flourishing disc of the trilogy and see if you like it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I personally think you're buying far too advanced flourishing material. Not to say that you won't be able to learn it, but it'll probably take you a few months extra now, than it would if you learnt the stuff a year later.

I also think you're just buying too many products in general, which is a pretty common mistake for beginners. I did exactly that, and those purchases were the ones I've used least in the two and a half years since.

Aug 29, 2008
You are buying too much... Buy one dvd and learn from there, once you have mastered everything on that DVD move to another one. You have NO training in flourishes? Another reason to buy less and easier stuff.

at first I would recommend just the flourish disc from the trilogy, the system and dangerous disc two are more advanced

oih, btw: when you want to buy andthensome, you first have to buy the whole trilogy, because on andthensome there are tricks that involve sleights from the trilogy, and on andthensome there are only 20 minutes of flourishing I think, and it would be thrown away money if you would buy the dvd just for flourishes

Sep 1, 2007
To be perfectly honest, my recommendation is going to be to start with either Xtreme Beginnerz vol 1, which has a lot of material to keep you busy as well as a few finger fitness drills, or volume 1 of Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation which covers many of the classic flourishes as well as simple magic/manipulation effects.

Effectively, you want to ground yourself in the fundamentals. Then you can start going on to more advanced, contemporary material.

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for all your insightful help i have decided to go with the extreme beginners DVD 1 and 2 i hope that i will someday be good enough to do the great flourishes by d&D thanks again talk later let you all know how i am doing with those DVDs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results