Totally Out of Control DVD - what happened?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I remember reading a post that Chris was not happy with some of the footage and/or was too busy with the Copperfield tour and they have not yet got a completed product.

Jul 8, 2008
Didn't they say it was finished though? I don't expect much from Chris now that Katie is pregnant. But who knows, it could be sitting on the shelf right now, mocking us, driving us all crazy! I'm not too woried lol. I never even planned on getting it after being disappointed with the book.

Jul 8, 2008
Yea I never cared too much for the book. It's not practical for my use. And I am certainly NOT a beginner. I have been in magic for almost 9 years and doing it professionaly for almost 4. I can appreciate books and I have my library of books (the good ones, not just books with a handful of tricks in them). I don't like how some of the tricks require these elaborate deck setups and sticking tape to cards in the deck and having to leave them there etc. Also I don't liek how in some of the tricks you need to start by palming a bunch of coins. For a professional restaurant perfomer, I don't always have the time to do that! You will understand when you actually start doing these tricks lol. Also, the missing link was one of the most horribly described tricks I have EVER read lol. Sorry Chris but after years of reading it and re reading it over and over again, I still can't get mine to work yet lol. I try to refrain from videos as much as I can. I can't ever see myself performing it either over my variation so I never really bothered to buy the 1on1. It was a great read nonetheless, but I just don't find much of it very practical, plus, I'm mainly a coin guy. Oh, btw, reading my reviwe for "Coinsomnia" might help explain my thought on the ideal professional magic.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Alright, that's a respectable excuse. Different strokes for different folks. And I totally agree about his explanation for Missing Link (sorry Chris). I can do the first phase, but I couldn't do the unlink based on his description.

Anyway, I met Chris and Katie a couple months ago when they came down to Orlando and I asked Chris about the DVDs. He told me that he's in no rush to release these DVDs and that he's pretty much just taking his time with them. I mean, he is pretty busy with the Copperfield show and with a baby coming along, I'm sure he's gonna be even busier. It'll come out when it comes out. Until then, just buy the book. It's a great read and it has funny pictures in them.

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
In case you guys didn't know but Chris Kenner is an old fart now and has trouble palming cards and coins. I heard he hired in some hand model for all the close up shots to make it look like he's the one doing magic.

Cheers
Matt

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results