Catch! by Ben Seidman

Sep 7, 2008
I have this. I got a pre-release copy when I went to his lecture.
First off, there is a force when you have them think of a card. It's not a free choice.
Second, I think some of the extra methods are better than the main one.

Have any questions just ask.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
JP, so the whole thing is based on a force?

How durable is the gimmick? And how long would it take to build?

One more: The props that come with the dvd, are they necessary? When they run out can I buy some at an Art/Crafts store or something?

Thanks,

Gustav

BlakeVogt

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2008
Vegas
JP: I just bought Advocate: DM and I like the idea a lot but its not a gimmick. "Catch!" Seemed to be a gimmick. And in Advocate you cant get into the effect "clean" (trying to dodge giving away the method :p) Just wanting to know how accurate the version is where you start with your catch hand cleanly empty? Thanks.

May 31, 2008
Just leave...

JDEN

No, I'm not going to leave. I consider penguin bad, you consider it good. Let's just leave it at that. You're right and I'm wrong, I"m right and you're wrong. Whatever, the person who started this thread got their answer, let's leave it at that.

Sep 7, 2008
JP, so the whole thing is based on a force?

How durable is the gimmick? And how long would it take to build?

One more: The props that come with the dvd, are they necessary? When they run out can I buy some at an Art/Crafts store or something?

Thanks,

Gustav

I wouldn't say it's based on a force, but it is required. The card that you force is not the same as the card you catch from the air. Also, the signed method looks different, but I can't remember exactly how. The gimmick is pretty durable. Parts are made out of playing card, so might get ruined over time. It shouldn't take you more than a few hours to build, and that includes waiting for things to dry. All of the props are needed, and can easily be found at local stores or online.

JP: I just bought Advocate: DM and I like the idea a lot but its not a gimmick. "Catch!" Seemed to be a gimmick. And in Advocate you cant get into the effect "clean" (trying to dodge giving away the method ) Just wanting to know how accurate the version is where you start with your catch hand cleanly empty? Thanks.

The main handling tought will require you to wear a gimmick on you during your show. Until it's time to perform, it's attached to something else so it won't get in your way. I saw Ben do a lecture with the gimmick on him the whole time.

BlakeVogt

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2008
Vegas
JP: Thank you for all your tremendous help here. It might not matter to you, but I will be purchasing this now and I appreciate everyone else's "on topic" comments :p Peace.
Bro In Magic,
Blake

Mar 2, 2008
Looks ok, but I've never liked penguin. They have some really impractical stuff on there.

Yea they do. IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE EVERYTHING!

Penguin has sooo many products made by them and not made by them so a couple of them you may not like but that does not mean the whole website is bad!

(I love Penguin!)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results