Out of Order - Cameron Francis :: Review

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Intro: Full 52 Productions Proudly Presents...A Strangely Skewed Wild Card Effect

The Review

Trick:Out of Order

Created By:Cameron Francis

Effect: Explaining that magicians go through a LOT of playing cards you display a packet of special 'printer cards'-that share an uncanny resemblance to blank cards-that you explain that are able to print cards. The spectator is asked to select two cards in this case it is the Queen of Spades and the Nine of Diamonds. You take the Nine insert it into the pack, press the magic button and then one-by-one three duplicates print. You then proceed to copy the Queen, but nothing seems to be happening. The cards are turned over to reveal the words 'OUT OF ORDER'. You take the Queen placed and copy them, but on the backs of the nine.

Notes:100% Examinable, Totally Customizable, Includes Cards, DVD, and Bonus Effect.

Cost:$15

Genre:Card/Gaff Magic

Demo/Product:http://cameron-francis.com/Out-Of-Order.php

Format:Approx 42min. | DVD Video

Video and Quality:

Video- The video is also very well edited, put together and produced. It covers everything really indept.

Quality- The quality of this video is pretty good. There were definitely no problems hearing or seeing what was being said or done. The audio is good; everything is clear and easy to watch.

Teaching:The teaching is phenomenal. Cameron teaches everything you need to know and takes you step by step through every detail of the handling. He does not leave any details out at all.

Difficulty: Easy- On a scale of 1-10 (Ten being the hardest), I say it’s about a
3. Handling and sleights are very easy.

Bonus: "No Biddle Biddle"- The biddle effect with no biddle. This effect makes use of the enclosed gaff cards.

Effect- A card is selected and the spectator is asked to hold on to it. A second card is selected, shuffled and lost into the pack. The spectator chooses five cards from the deck and they are counted out and shown. The spectator is asked if their selection was in there, they reply "Yes". With a magical gesture, there are only four cards left and shown very cleanly to be only four left. The spectator is asked to show the card they have chosen ealier and it happens to be the slected card.

Thoughts- I really love this, very amazing and simple, yet hits really hard.

Overall: A great simple, yet amazing packet effect. Highly Recommended. Also, check out other products of Cameron's as they are also very well thought out, devious and amazing. Worth looking into.

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
The people in Magic Magazine (or it might of been linking ring) didn't like this and thought it was a waste.

I like Cameron Francis' the omega mutation dvds a lot.

Jan 25, 2008
This was a very good effect. Other websites are selling this at 30$ but if you buy directly from him it woll only cost 15$ with free shipping. This dvd is nicely done but i don't know but there's something missing to it. It doesn't compare with cameron francis' other products. this one was lacking something although im not quite sure what it is.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
This was a very good effect. Other websites are selling this at 30$ but if you buy directly from him it woll only cost 15$ with free shipping. This dvd is nicely done but i don't know but there's something missing to it. It doesn't compare with cameron francis' other products. this one was lacking something although im not quite sure what it is.

Yeah, I agree such a great effect for such a great price.
If you like his products check out his Killer Gaft...great DVD with included gaffs also.

Jun 2, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In one magazine review I read John Lovick completlely disses this effect. I agree with his words though because this packet trick makes no sense whatsoever. The new biddle trick seems worthless to me because it defeats the entire version of the entirely impromptu yet powerful original one. I do not recommend you purchase this. ( but what can I say I dont even have this trick. I am basing this on what I saw.)

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks for the comments, guys.

On the flip side of the review coin:

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/index.php?module=MlaReviews&func=display&rid=1776&iid=10752&cid=0

No disrespect meant, Dillusion, but if you don't own the effect, you can't really comment on it. Especially No Biddle Biddle. Mr. Lovick didn't get it. It's not supposed to be an improvement on The Biddle Trick. It's a variation. At the end of the day, it's not even the same effect.

I was a bit surprised by the review, actually, as no one else, to the best of my knowledge, thinks the effect difficult to follow. If anything, the reactions from lay people are always through the roof.

The dvd is shorter than most as it's really just one packet trick and a bonus effect. But we do go over everything in great detail. At $15, it's no more expensive than any other packet trick out there.

For those of you who own the effect, you'll notice that on the demo video, Dave Forrest uses a few different moves. These handling adjustments were made after the project was taped. If you have any questions about them, just let me know.

Thanks for the support!

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Obviously, they're gimmicked/gaffed tricks, however, is it enough?
I really, really hate buying refills, especially hard to find ones.

And can some of these be used for street magic instead of table?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Obviously, they're gimmicked/gaffed tricks, however, is it enough?
I really, really hate buying refills, especially hard to find ones.

And can some of these be used for street magic instead of table?

Yes, they are gaffed cards, but they come included with the DVD.
Yes, they come with the gimmicked cards to perform.
Yes, you can use these cards for street magic.

Sep 17, 2007
Refills are not needed as you don't give the cards away at the end of the effect. And, if you ever did accidentally destroy a card, you could easily replace it as the gaffs are common and easy to find.

Jan 28, 2009
I've been somewhat lazy in doing a review of some other Cameron Francis products that I've got, but I will when I can.

Fact is, there is a lot of absolute drivel produced these days by people that is impractical and ridiculous, as well as being obvious -coughsdownfall,pressurecoughs-

On the other hand there are effects being produced by working magicians that perform to the same kinds of audiences that most of us do when we perform that actually work if you practice them. Cameron's stuff falls firmly into that category, and his printing effects (TCP being another) are just golden material. Fun to learn, fun to practice and hysterical to perform. I'll be checking this one out, despite the fact V reviewed it (And after his downfall review..well his credibility has gone a bit) because I've seen Cameron's other stuff and know that it works.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I've been somewhat lazy in doing a review of some other Cameron Francis products that I've got, but I will when I can.

Fact is, there is a lot of absolute drivel produced these days by people that is impractical and ridiculous, as well as being obvious -coughsdownfall,pressurecoughs-

On the other hand there are effects being produced by working magicians that perform to the same kinds of audiences that most of us do when we perform that actually work if you practice them. Cameron's stuff falls firmly into that category, and his printing effects (TCP being another) are just golden material. Fun to learn, fun to practice and hysterical to perform. I'll be checking this one out, despite the fact V reviewed it (And after his downfall review..well his credibility has gone a bit) because I've seen Cameron's other stuff and know that it works.

Thanks.
Yeah, Cameron's products are very great and worth looking into.
As for the Downfall review, my credibility has gone down and that was my fault.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results