Different Language in Performing

Ok, I searched and I couldn't find any thread relating to this, or I am just too lazy to search. Feel free to delete...

I performed some tricks in a gym, but during my performance, I noticed how I changed language from one to another.

When I talk to them, I talk to them in our native language, but when I perform, I suddenly talk to them in English.

Well, people know you for your native language, and sometimes, they are not used in you speaking another language. In addition, I also end up eating up my words and they don't get what I am saying.

Is that to be considered not being yourself when performing? changing from one language to another?

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I think he's asking whether or not changing one's language in a performance is considered not being yourself.

To answer that, it depends on the reason why you talk differently. If you use a language you don't casually use in order to create some sort of stage persona then you wouldn't be acting like yourself. You should act and talk how you normally do in a casual situation so that in turn, the performance would have a casual feel to it. However, if the reason is to adapt to the audience's comprehension then I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. The important thing you should keep in mind is to act like yourself and be comfortable.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results