Ambigram Playing Cards

B

Ben_Ionesco

Hey guys,

I have always been facinated by ambigrams, etc. For those of you who dont know what an ambigram is its where a word is written but when its turned upside-down it says the same word or another word (like on the cover of daniel madisons dangerous dvd set). Anyways the reason i brought it up was i found this site that lets you generate them and then they print them on different products. I got a pack of cards done which an ambigram which says BELIEVE one way and if you turn it upside-down it says DECIEVE.

Heres a pic of it, was wondering what you guys all thought, opinions ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 165
Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I've always been into ambigrams. I love derren Brown's trick or treat ones, but I've got to be honest; that one is a bit dodgey - it's pretty difficult to tell what it is meant to say either way. Sorry. I would reccommend trying to draw your own - it takes some practise but if you start off using the principles from the ones that you have already seen you can make them look quite a bit better by putting fancy flicks on one way that double up as letters the other way etc, that can look a lot better than having half-formed letters. I dunno; play around with them a bit.

I love ambigrams too, their awesome. Just a note on that one, if you hadn't said the first word was "Believe" I might of had some trouble working it out, it's just the 'b' I can't see very well, all the other letters are alright.

I'm not a fan of them being on cards, I think the "One Way"-ness would stick out a bit to much for me, I know the spectators might not catch on but it would drive me up the wall. However if it was the same word both ways I dont think it would bother me.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers, Tom

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
PLaying cards should have a smooth and soothing design, so as to divert attentoin from the cards on to your presentation. And your beautifull face. And cool Trilby. And yellow tinted glasses.
(hey, that sounds like me! :rolleyes:)

If I ever saw those cards in someone's hands, I'd be transfixed.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results