Card Manip

Apr 26, 2008
I've been into close up card magic and flourishing for 3 years now and i was looking to learn some card manipulation for the stage. As of now i only know a basic back palm and tenki palm (as far as productions go). I've been trying to decide if i should get the card manipulation 1on1 series by Dan Sperry. Or if their is another, better source to learn from? In other words are the Dan Sperry 1on1's gonna be 2 hard or 2 basic for me?

I know that you don't actually know me or my magic, but if you can help me with my decision i'll be your best friend! haha jk.. but any help would be appreciated!

Jul 14, 2008
If you want to be serious at stage magic, then I would have to say Jeff McBride-The Art of Card Manipulation as tally-ho stated.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
I'm going to be a minority, and say... yes get the 3 Volumes of Card manipulations from Sperry!

It's by far the best one I've gotten on it, and it teaches things such as the Perfect Production, and multiple card back palm along with some amazing Twin Fan productions.

To the people saying the Dan & Dave one, have you actually bought it, or are you just guessing because it's cheaper?

I would highly suggest Sperry's one!

Sep 1, 2007
Another vote for Jeff McBride. Back palms, pivots, color changes, cards-from-the-mouth, different fans and productions... He does it all.

You'll get a lot more for your money.

Apr 3, 2009
I am going to have to say that you should get Dan Sperry's. Because I own both series Mcbride's and Sperry's but I found you learn most of the same techniques in both series. But Sperry's is alot cheaper and will save you money.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I would have to put a vote in for Jeff McBride's series. I'll be honest, I haven't bought Dan Sperry's downloads, but I'd be amazed if you get as much information and technique for your money as you do in Mr McBride's DVDs. It's not just the moves, it's the performance tips and extra information you get with it that give the value. Even if one of the tips is "Don't wear clothes that are too flashy because they detract from the impact of the magic." (paraphrased) delivered while he's wearing one of his trademark Japanese Kabuki costumes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results