Ellusionist or Theory11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to express my emotions about these sites/shops, but I'm just too excited that the Spice Girls are making a comeback.

Seriously guys, do you really have nothing better to do than sit here and make fun of websites? These are magic sites, now I think for the best of both worlds we all need to get out and just do some magic to cool off.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I actually find this alittle funny. Since alot of you guys "transferred" from E/Penguin and are now to bad mouth E like you where never a "En00b".
Please. Don't make this easy.

Sep 1, 2007
Its not the exact same thing... Richard created an awesome media system for Theory 11, I think he deserve recognition for that.

all that was decknique!!! theory 11 just basically bought Richard out... decknique still has the videos so there's nothing awesome and new about T11's video section

Sep 3, 2007
all that was decknique!!! theory 11 just basically bought Richard out... decknique still has the videos so there's nothing awesome and new about T11's video section

Quit acting like you know it all noob, you don't know Richards situation. Try to understand and show him some respect.

Sep 1, 2007
I respect richard plenty, I'll be the first to admit that I'd sell out too. I'm just saying don't give Theory 11 the respect, all they did was buy decknique's media system to attract more youtube kiddies to their site so they could sell em gobs of one-trick DVDs and $5 downloads. Microsoft built an empire doing the same thing (they didn't invent Word, Windows, etc, just bought them)

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I respect richard plenty, I'll be the first to admit that I'd sell out too. I'm just saying don't give Theory 11 the respect, all they did was buy decknique's media system to attract more youtube kiddies to their site so they could sell em gobs of one-trick DVDs and $5 downloads. Microsoft built an empire doing the same thing (they didn't invent Word, Windows, etc, just bought them)

You go boy!

Oct 7, 2007
hi

You do know that they didn't make KAOS. It was made by a forum member that summited his trick.

You might not have read my whole post, so I'll give you a chance to go back... in my original post I listed the creator of the effect. - In case you can't - I posed the creator of the effect "Sean Beard" -- You must not have the DVD, because the credits for the alternative methods featured Wayne Houchin, Brad Christian, and Daniel Garcia.

Besides... as I said before, both sites are great! Magic is an art.. each sleight is a color of paint.. learn to dab your brush into each sleight and paint your own routines, tricks, and have fun! Each website I utilize to bring me material is excellent.

Don't brush aside any effect. The sleights used in the effect can yield several effects. Use your imagination and get the most out of everything! Peace together something new... If you learn something that you don't really feel to be your style, find a way to do what you want to do in the style you want using the sleight of hand you have learned from any source you can! To me, there is no "beginner sleight" .. people might say this about a double lift - but there are several indepth routines which utilize this. The Daniel Garcia Project has several sleights in there - and with several of the effects, a double lift is used.

Something I have learned from many of the videos I've downloaded from Ellusionist make sure to include not only some patter you can use for the effect, but also give tips on how to make magic happen for the spectator! If magic has occured in the mind of the spectator, then you have accomplished what you're looking for - and if the effect came from whatever source, then that source is good. If you say that the illusions learned from one source aren't any GOOD, but others find that they are... maybe you should look within and see why YOU aren't getting any reactions with those tricks -- maybe you need to practice more, use more showmanship, or find a way why the audience isn't giving YOU the reactions YOU want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Who cares?

Learn from both. Help people on both forums, and buy what you need from both shops. Use every possible location to learn as possible. Stop limiting yourself to one place/learning resource. Expand.

Keenan

Yeah i agree with that, i am buying distortion from here, but getting my xmas prezzie from E. I dont see why you cant buy from both.

Sep 3, 2007

Well im guessing if this gets as big as Microsoft, it will be EXTREMELY good for Magic and Cardistry! If you hate this place so much why the hell are you here?

Sep 1, 2007
because i get a chance to irk members like you :D naw just kidding;

I'm here for the underground, impromptu, miracles that have been the best kept secrets in magic!

Sep 1, 2007
GOOD GOD!

IF YOU LIKE BOTH, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!

NOBODY CAN LIKE BOTH! THEY CAN'T BOTH POSSIBLY BE USEFUL!

Wait a minute...

L

Liam Carrie

I've Seen some of the stuff ellusionist is selling but it just doesnt match up to the quality of theory 11. Theory 11 even has better playing cards!

Sep 25, 2007
I've Seen some of the stuff ellusionist is selling but it just doesnt match up to the quality of theory 11. Theory 11 even has better playing cards!

Wow... just wow... HA HA HA HA HA ::slaps forehead and laughs harder:: HA HA HA! ::falls over in chair and laughs even harder:: HA HA HA! :: poops himself and stops laughing ::

wow

Sep 3, 2007
because i get a chance to irk members like you :D naw just kidding;

I'm here for the underground, impromptu, miracles that have been the best kept secrets in magic!

Members like me? I would OWN you.

I think your just looking for a place to spam.

almost all the people at T11 have worked with Brad at E...i'd be surprised if they didnt collaborate at all. Jonathan Bayme has been on E staff. Daniel Garcia(i know not one of the T11 artists) and Wayne have done alot with E. I agree, why not like both? I LOVE T11, and E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results