Color Changes Compilation

Dec 28, 2008
It was OK, but some of the DLs and basics need work. Also try to get the G.O.A.T. set up smooth. Spread pass was nice though.
-Adam

Apr 28, 2008
Most of them looked fine, you need to work on some of the double lifts though, it looks horrible when you start messing round with the back of the pack, it's just so obvious you're doing something.

The only one that needs a bit of work is the Goat change, the centre double wasn't anywhere near as smooth as it should be, it should also stick out from the pack further, you're not doing too bad with the change but you need to do it a bit quicker, you can see the cards seperating. I don't think you should have included it.

The spread pass, erdnase change and pughe's pass, colour and shapeshifter looked fine. Although, while you performed most of the moves properly I don't really get videos like this, I'd prefer to see them as part of a routine, all i'm seeing is cards changing, not really any magic in it. There's nothing in it to seperate you from any of the other hundres of videos which are exactly the same.

Could you please name the changes you do in order of appearance and where I can learn them.

I can do the Shapeshifter and the Erdnase colour change, but the others I have no idea about the others.

Love the moment when the cards swap decks!

Simon_Magic

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
And just to tell you guys; we had a few laypeople view the video before posting it, and they said they couldn't catch anything on there, and they watched it multiple times. We thought after that it was good enough quality to upload.

DLeerium - Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to work on getting the DL's better. The other performer did a lot of the moves that require DL's though, lol.

smokeandmirrors - Alright. Will do. Thanks, the spread pass is one of my favorite tools.

Squ!rrel - Yeah, I see what you mean. But, the reason we made this was this was our first video project dealing with magic. And I wanted something visual to put up on my homepage while it was under construction, so color changes seemed to be the most reasonable route.

Simon_Magic - As of right now, Vimeo is telling me all their videos are temporarily unavailable. As soon as it comes back up, I'll post the changes in order.
Thanks, we were pretty excited about that. =]

Magyk - Alright, thanks. And it was a cardini, not an ego. What did you see tat was bad about the clean up?

alrite the video was OK, nothing to piss my pants about. for a few reasons. One: your single lifts and your double lifts look NOTHING alike. supicous much? you quickly fli[ one card over, then feel up the back of the deck for the double. and the clipshift could have been smoother, puls its really hard to get the clip shift from that angle if your not VERY profiecnt at it. just some thoughts.

peace man.

Jan 18, 2008
somewhere
ya i honestly think that should be taken off youtube.

most of the effects were preformed poorly and give away the technique.

sorry if that was harsh

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
alrite the video was OK, nothing to piss my pants about. for a few reasons. One: your single lifts and your double lifts look NOTHING alike. supicous much? you quickly fli[ one card over, then feel up the back of the deck for the double. and the clipshift could have been smoother, puls its really hard to get the clip shift from that angle if your not VERY profiecnt at it. just some thoughts.

peace man.

There are two people performing in this video. Which person's doubles are you talking about?

ya i honestly think that should be taken off youtube.

most of the effects were preformed poorly and give away the technique.

sorry if that was harsh

Could you be more specific as to which effects?

Jul 14, 2008
I agreed with Dleerium. Even though they are two people in the video, some of the DL needs more works and more practise since I noticed a few flashes of a change.

Jan 18, 2008
somewhere
[R.C];218458 said:
There are two people performing in this video. Which person's doubles are you talking about?

Could you be more specific as to which effects?

the double lifts. your flick change. the daniel madison one.<--i forgot the name of it. your shapeshifter and the clip shift.

Why are people saying that the changes are rubbish?

I have never seen some of those changes performed before and I thought that it looked brilliant.

I think that we are forgetting that athough we perform for magicians, we mostly perform for the general public, and as long as they see nothing then it is an amazing performance.

Sure, even I admit that you can see the first double lift, but unless you know that that is what you do for a double lift then you won't notice.

I think that you've done a brilliant job at these colour changes, and as long as you can't see anything when you practise in the mirror I would definetely say keep it on the internet and perform them as often as possible.

I hope that some of you take my opinion, and instead of just watching the video yourself, show it to someone who is not a magician, and see what they say.

Thanks,

Simon_Magic

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Why are people saying that the changes are rubbish?

I have never seen some of those changes performed before and I thought that it looked brilliant.

I think that we are forgetting that athough we perform for magicians, we mostly perform for the general public, and as long as they see nothing then it is an amazing performance.

Sure, even I admit that you can see the first double lift, but unless you know that that is what you do for a double lift then you won't notice.

I think that you've done a brilliant job at these colour changes, and as long as you can't see anything when you practise in the mirror I would definetely say keep it on the internet and perform them as often as possible.

I hope that some of you take my opinion, and instead of just watching the video yourself, show it to someone who is not a magician, and see what they say.

Thanks,

Simon_Magic

Thank you.
My friend and I have shown this video to many of our non-magician friends, and they think it looks "amazing."
You were exactly right, we aren't performing for magicians.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
[R.C];220001 said:
Thank you.
My friend and I have shown this video to many of our non-magician friends, and they think it looks "amazing."
You were exactly right, we aren't performing for magicians.

Always a good thing to remember. Just make sure it doesn't end up being an excuse to avoid working on things. Small technical faults though they may be, they are faults nonetheless. (not accusing, just saying)

I showed the video to a layman friend, who then proceeded to show me (close enough) how one or two were done. The smallest of technical faults can still be picked up by the observant layman - and even if it isn't, the very fact that there is a fault can often be sensed, even if they don't know exactly what happened.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Always a good thing to remember. Just make sure it doesn't end up being an excuse to avoid working on things. Small technical faults though they may be, they are faults nonetheless. (not accusing, just saying)

I showed the video to a layman friend, who then proceeded to show me (close enough) how one or two were done. The smallest of technical faults can still be picked up by the observant layman - and even if it isn't, the very fact that there is a fault can often be sensed, even if they don't know exactly what happened.

Of course. I didn't want it to sound like we think these are fine, we still practice them extensively.
Which changes did your friend notice? We'd like to know what needs the most work.

May 1, 2009
UK
Thats a good little vid keep up the good work, remember just keep practicing as iam sure you do away.

Nov 19, 2008
Bloomington, IN
Most of them were ok. the first change was fine what the name of that change. I not going to say the same thing as anyone else cause you know what you need to work on just by watching your vid. I will say this the little goat vanish you did take that off becaus it halfway exposes the method just a little thought atleast you can say its better than some stuff on there

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results