theory11 find :: Teller Reveals the Science of Illusion

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Sep 1, 2007
We just stumbled on this article from WIRED Magazine writer Jonah Lehrer. Magic and the Brain is an expose on the neuroscience of illusion from the perspective of a true master - Teller of P&T.

The article discusses - among many other topics - Penn and Teller's signature Looks Simple routine, wherein Teller demonstrates each principle of magic using a single lit cigarette.

> > Magic and the Brain :: Article
> > Looks Simple, Doesn't It? :: Media

If you notice my earlier thread, I tried to tip this without spoiling anything. The entire issue is edited by J.J. Abrams and talks about the inherent power of discovering something. But I guess the secret's out.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I was going to say you guys stole it from the new Wired magazine. But I see you linked to the article.

I would say pick up the actual magazine and read some of it, some interesting stuff in there.

Aug 31, 2007
California
I truely believe that Teller is all knowning.

He never ceases to amaze me...

The few magic pieces I have seen, and NEVER will forget is Tellers Bleeding Rose. If you have not seen it, be ready to see true magic.

Thanks for sharing,

Keenan

BlakeVogt

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2008
Vegas
This was an amazing article! Very well written and very thought provoking. Teller and Penn always do an amazing and histerical job but its great to get a peek into one of their heads and boy was that crazy.

great find.

it is always fascinating to get an inside look into a fellow magicians head.
the video, i remember seeing that a long time ago, but never really thought anything of it.
having read that article, and grown as a magician, i really have a new appreciation for it.
its incredible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results