Jay Sankey products worth buying?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I have recently checked out Jay Sankey's material and i gotta say he has a lot of dvds out there. He seems to be a very creative guy with a lot of magic that fit my style. I have purchased his Invisible DVD and 22 Blows to the Head DVD and they are both phenomenal.

But i have also seen some bad reviews on some of his stuff (Pandora's Box for example). I really like Jay's stuff and i wanna keep learning from him, but i don't wanna be ripped off either. So i wanna ask you guys which Jay Sankey Products do you think are very good and worth the price?

Thanks!

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
most is good

Most of Jay's stuff is really good and useable. I have quite a few Sankey products that I use on a daily basis in my strolling gig. Here are my favorites:

1.) Nailed

2.) Hijacked

3.) Hemispheres

4.) 45 (this dvd teaches 45 essential sleights in magic, and really helped me with my foundation. There are a lot of moves on here that I haven't seen any where else. There is no actual verbal instruction, rather he shows how to do the sleights to wierd psychodelic music, but it is easily followed.

5.) Astral Projection

Nov 17, 2007
I'm sorry man. I gotta state my opinion. I personally don't like Sankey. First of all, his antics are VERY annoying after a while. I have a few DVDs and I can't even watch them anymore since he is so annoying. Secondly, he releases WAY too many items WAY to fast. I'd say 80% of them aren't thought out enough and most are just variations off of past tricks. That is just my opinion. If you like Sankey and enjoy his magic, by all means, continue buying his products. But I know I won't.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Dude! Have you seen the sales Jay does? If your worried about being "ripped off" then just have patience and wait for a sale.

Cheers, Tom

Ya, i bought my dvd's from the spring sale. It was outrageous, i got the Invisible DVD and the Gemini Pouch for only $18.

But still there are still stuff not worth buying, even with a sale.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
But i have also seen some bad reviews on some of his stuff (Pandora's Box for example). I really like Jay's stuff and i wanna keep learning from him, but i don't wanna be ripped off either. So i wanna ask you guys which Jay Sankey Products do you think are very good and worth the price?

Thanks!

In a Flash
Secret Files
and... Bodyguards! <-- use this literally everyday. It's become a standby for me like the biddle trick.

May 31, 2008
the oldies and paperclipped

get paperclipped, special edition. You won't be sorry. That is assuming of course you like paperclipped.

Then get the very best of jay sankey volumes 1-3. It has all of his main effects. Your getting an excellent deal with those.

The thing with sankey is he has gems scattered across all of his dvd's, and other tricks that you simply will never perform.

For instance, there is an absolutely brilliant trick called "guarantee" in his dvd, the real work on restaurants and bars. The problem is that the dvd focuses on restaurants and bars, and many tricks will never be performed. (torn and restorn straw, or a broken and restorn crayon using flash paper)

Watch his video previews, they're very informative, and accurate with the exception of 99. Obviously go to www.sankeymagic.com

It might be smart to look at Sankey's Best DVD's as well. He has 3 of them, one for mentalism, one for cards, and one for coin magic. edit: and one for street magic

This might be a good bet, perhaps better than the very best of jay sankey (which is old school).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results