Best Business Card Effects

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I did a search and couldn't find much for what I was looking for.

What other ways are there to do an effect with your business card before handing it out?

1.) I have heard of Jay Sankey's effect with the arrows drawn on the back.

2.) Using the Friction brand pens to write a prediction and then using your lighter or whatever to make the reveal.

3.) Bill Curry (sp) Cardiographic or something close to that I think.

4.) Putting the rubber band around the middle of your stack and using a half card.

What else is there out there that is pretty cool to laymen?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
my brother uses a fire wallet and people go crazy over it.

Been there tried it. I went through 2 of them in 3 days and smelt like nasty lighter fluid. They were even good ones that cost like 60 bucks a piece. Maybe there are better ones. Either way...I don't like the lighter fluid stench while working in close up settings.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
heh, I was going to say hot leads by Jim Pace, fire ALWAYS makes an impression, but if you don't like the lighter fluid...

Any prediction written on your card works great. I pull out a small bunch of cards, take one and perform stigmata and then I can leave the stack (if appropriate) for people to take cards.

Here's a bone my friend,....

- Bsmiths- Universal Impression
- Maximus Acidus Peak
- Stigmata
- Fire Wallet (Only use fluid on 1/4 of the card, prevents the smell)
- Jon Armstrongs - Prediction
- Card Stab
- Paddle move ( Somehow people like that?)
-T-n-R
- Forgot the name but its a penguin trick I use it though,..its a 3 card monte reveal with a business card (love this trick)

Just to name a few,.........I use all of these and work great.

Feb 9, 2008
BUFFALO, NY
Been there tried it. I went through 2 of them in 3 days and smelt like nasty lighter fluid. They were even good ones that cost like 60 bucks a piece. Maybe there are better ones. Either way...I don't like the lighter fluid stench while working in close up settings.

You could always say, "Sometimes the magic smells like Zippo!" :D As for me, I enjoy the paddle move. (Making the card appear blank and then make the writing appear.)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Michael Close's Pothole trick.

I've heard of this before. Is this where there is a whole punch through the card but then when the specator looks at it, it is just a dot of ink or something. or..is this where the pot hold moves all over the card...not sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results