Where can I learn the Sybil?

Aug 29, 2008
Why not youtube? For a basic move like the Sybil, a free tutorial is good. I mean, usually I'm against free tutorials, but the Sybil is so common nowadays that you can find loads of tutorials for free on the net.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Why not youtube? For a basic move like the Sybil, a free tutorial is good. I mean, usually I'm against free tutorials, but the Sybil is so common nowadays that you can find loads of tutorials for free on the net.

if you are really against free tutorials you wouldn't have created your post. evidently it is not "so common" otherwise shadow x wouldn't have posted this thread.

Apr 28, 2008
Cardshark88 in youtube has really good tutorials for sybil. Here is Sybil Tutorial, remember, there are six videos.

I learned the Sybil from these tutorials, although to be honest I didn't find the first tutorial where it's taught with 2 packets particularly helpful, in fact I found it more difficult than just doing the Sybil properly. I'd recommend taking a look at the first one but skipping ahead might be more productive.

May 3, 2008
I'm certain that most people on these forums learned it from youtube and not learn Sybil from TOOC.

Mar 12, 2009
I mean, usually I'm against free tutorials, but the Sybil is so common nowadays that you can find loads of tutorials for free on the net.
Drugs is very common these days, does that mean it's ok to do drugs? What the hell are you guys doing man? You are totally disrespectful. Please support the ones that take their time to create this stuff, and buy their material instead. And yeah the sybil may be one of the simpler cuts, but so what? That doesn't give you the rights to share it with everyone on the net for free.
I am gonna report this thread, I just have to find out how to do it.
Man you guys, what the hell are you thinking?! Delete your accounts on theory11 if you don't give a damn sh*t about the magic community.

Apr 28, 2008
Drugs is very common these days, does that mean it's ok to do drugs? What the hell are you guys doing man? You are totally disrespectful. Please support the ones that take their time to create this stuff, and buy their material instead. And yeah the sybil may be one of the simpler cuts, but so what? That doesn't give you the rights to share it with everyone on the net for free.
I am gonna report this thread, I just have to find out how to do it.
Man you guys, what the hell are you thinking?! Delete your accounts on theory11 if you don't give a damn sh*t about the magic community.

Get over yourself, I care a lot about respecting the magic community and the creators but it's generally accepted that it's ok for basic cuts to be taught on Youtube, they go so far back that it's hard to really credit anybody for them. I'm fairly sure the Sybil (or at least a very similar concept) goes back further than Chirs Kenner in TOOC. Even some of the most respected flourishers (Kevin Ho) have free tutorials on Youtube, it's very common for newcomers to flourishing to be referred to Youtube before moving on to DVD's.

The Sybil is taught by Brian Tudor (and many others) on his DVD's even though he didn't create it (he doesn't credit it to anybody), he has no more right to teach it than anybody on Youtube, why aren't you complaining about him?

To be honest you sound idiotic getting so worked up about something like this, I'm certainly opposed to magic tutorials on Youtube but for old, basic cuts that are difficult to credit fully to anybody it just doesn't matter in my opinion.

It would be absurd to expect everybody to buy TOOC (which is quite expensive and was out of print for quite some time) to learn a basic, widely available flourish, i'm almost certain that 95% of people didn't learn the Sybil from TOOC and the ones that did only did so because they already owned it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Just as a side note (not gonna enter this debate), but there is indeed a history to Sybil, which is in a few posts in the past on T11. From memory, the name "The Illogical Shuffle" or something similar - comes to mind - so have a search if you're interested.

Jan 8, 2009
nowhere
Get over yourself, I care a lot about respecting the magic community and the creators but it's generally accepted that it's ok for basic cuts to be taught on Youtube, they go so far back that it's hard to really credit anybody for them. I'm fairly sure the Sybil (or at least a very similar concept) goes back further than Chirs Kenner in TOOC. Even some of the most respected flourishers (Kevin Ho) have free tutorials on Youtube, it's very common for newcomers to flourishing to be referred to Youtube before moving on to DVD's.

The Sybil is taught by Brian Tudor (and many others) on his DVD's even though he didn't create it (he doesn't credit it to anybody), he has no more right to teach it than anybody on Youtube, why aren't you complaining about him?

To be honest you sound idiotic getting so worked up about something like this, I'm certainly opposed to magic tutorials on Youtube but for old, basic cuts that are difficult to credit fully to anybody it just doesn't matter in my opinion.

It would be absurd to expect everybody to buy TOOC (which is quite expensive and was out of print for quite some time) to learn a basic, widely available flourish, i'm almost certain that 95% of people didn't learn the Sybil from TOOC and the ones that did only did so because they already owned it.

i've learned it from Mr. Tudor's Showoff trilogy, because i found it learning from a book is kinda hard, so i got showoff. :)

and i think Sybil is created by Chris Kenner n Brian Tudor. :D

Feb 17, 2009
New Jersey
thanks for all your input guys i looked into chris kenner's ToOC and liked how it is presented in the book so im planning to stick with that for now. Ill most likely purchase the trilogy this week to see how it is explained there and get back to give my opinion on which was better. I would have to agree that the free tut's dont give magicians justice for what they went out there way to create and have to us to purchase, it's reason like those that cause magicians to not want to publish there tricks to begin with. That is all.......

Sep 22, 2007
Idk why no one has mentioned this but Daniel Madison's Dangerous - Motion has sybil on it PLUS you learn a great 4 card production from it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results