The Penetration of Four Cards Through a Jacket

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, has anyone actually been able to get this effect to a performable state? I've just started tackling it today, and I must say I love the method. Damn, it's hard though. Doing 4 or 5 things at once is ridiculous. Really, I was just curious to see if anyone else was fond of it also. The timing and construction of it is clever but ridiculous.

Oh, and if you don't know it and are interested, it is the second chapter of Guy Hollingworth's Drawing Room Deceptions.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No worries dude. Hmm. Firstly - yes, I would recommend it. Secondly - I'll show you it next time you're around if you like, and some material from it, if I get it down well enough. Thirdly - a lot of the material IS very advanced though, it's hard and will take a lot of practice, so be warned. There's a point in this routine where you're performing two normal actions and three 'sleight' actions at the exact same time, it's ridiculous. But it's just brilliant. I also quite like the way the book is written and illustrated.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
No worries dude. Hmm. Firstly - yes, I would recommend it. Secondly - I'll show you it next time you're around if you like, and some material from it, if I get it down well enough. Thirdly - a lot of the material IS very advanced though, it's hard and will take a lot of practice, so be warned. There's a point in this routine where you're performing two normal actions and three 'sleight' actions at the exact same time, it's ridiculous. But it's just brilliant. I also quite like the way the book is written and illustrated.

Yer man u gotta show me hehe oh and i won for now....

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
It's a cracking book but most of the stuff is so advanced i gave up to conquer other things. Definitely one i shall come back to and spend a lot of time on. His Twisting the Aces handling and Reformation are certainly highlights for me.

Sep 1, 2007
I've practiced it for a magic competiton a year back or so, but it is one off the most difficult tricks I've practiced. I had to give it up because off the angels but if you perform it in the right location for a small group it is a true miracle. I did find out that you need a good clean presentation because it could tend to be a bit confusing.

Aksel

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's a cracking book but most of the stuff is so advanced i gave up to conquer other things. Definitely one i shall come back to and spend a lot of time on. His Twisting the Aces handling and Reformation are certainly highlights for me.

Yeah dude, I definitely know what you mean, some of it is just... "Yep I'll tackle this in a year or so..." The Twisting the Aces is nice - though the Optical Alignment is actually quite hard to get exact! Just needs some practice... Though at distance it ain't so bad.

I've practiced it for a magic competiton a year back or so, but it is one off the most difficult tricks I've practiced. I had to give it up because off the angels but if you perform it in the right location for a small group it is a true miracle. I did find out that you need a good clean presentation because it could tend to be a bit confusing.

Aksel

Ah sweet, thanks for sharing that. Thanks for the advice mate. Yeah the angles are fairly severe, lol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results