: Self creation :

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey guys/gals...Ive been into magic for 10 to 11 years an doing it professionally for 1 year 1/2 2 years. Now Ive been inspired over the many years to create my own effects or to expand apon more classic effects. Now I have 2 effects that I have created or put my take on it. A variation sandwhich trick with a twist, an a t.n.r now im not saying spill ur effects...but merely im curious as to how many of you use ur own personal effects into ur routine.

Sep 2, 2007
(There is already a topic on this but...)
IMPROMPTORN
my Sandwich routine tenatively named FLING
and some other stuff I'm to lazy to type out/haven;t done the [proper research to see if they are original

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I've only created one trick I consistently use...
Basically a card is selected returned to the deck and the deck returned to the box, then wave a lighter under the box and there's a big 'flash' of fire. The box is opened revealing only one, badly burnt card; their selection.

I've taken to calling it Burn, I know Daniel Madison has an e-book called that though.

Dec 11, 2008
Longisland
i have this new trick i created and ive been working on its basically all fronts and backs are shown and you can see clearly that all the cards are red. Then with a snap every card is blue blue and all the backs are normal. Its a cool deck change because you can show every card and no angle issues

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
a tnr i created 4/21/09 at 2:16 am i am stilll practicing it but none the less i will add it to a routine....a 4 ace trick similar to 5 speed ..before i even heard of 5 speed =(....a rip n restore i call spit it out...and a two card transpo....and thats it so far

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a fan transpo i created,
also a reverse reveal with a twist. heres how it goes
The card is lost in the deck....
The top card is turned over and with a snap the deck itself flips over with it.
the deck is fully turned over and with another snap, the cards are spread and their selection is flipped from all the other cards

Hey guys/gals...Ive been into magic for 10 to 11 years an doing it professionally for 1 year 1/2 2 years. Now Ive been inspired over the many years to create my own effects or to expand apon more classic effects. Now I have 2 effects that I have created or put my take on it. A variation sandwhich trick with a twist, an a t.n.r now im not saying spill ur effects...but merely im curious as to how many of you use ur own personal effects into ur routine.
i do an effect in which i adopted from an earlier card merger, its called CONSUMMATED, it can be seen on myspace under my myspace videos....

i also have an adaption called LIVING PROOF, if you would like access to see the full effect, let me know, its a vanish and a reproduction from a pretty kool spot, lets just say nature takes it course.....

an effect i have been working on for months, and also have performed for a select few called, PIERCED, its where i take an move a piercing from ear to ear and even the nose only to put the earring in a spot where there was never a peircing.....

i've been working on my own ACR effect called PRESENT'S PAST, where i take a card, have a spectator sign it, lose it in the deck and turn the obvious wrong card into the card they had signed...it really messes with the mind,

over the years and past few months, THE GREAT Lee Asher, told me that a lot of the times its not always creating new effects, sometimes putting your own spin to things is just as important, also when it comes to creating something entirely new, thats very hard, because a lot of things in magic has already been done is some form...

not that its impossible to do so, it is however, hard to create, something totally new....but keep putting my spin on stuff like ACR's....vanishes.....and other stuff....

i also like body magic...where the body does things that it normally shouldn't do....this effect i like to do called PLASTIC SURGERY is a simple effect, in which i got from on old tai chi method...i just adapt it to magic since magicians, never use it....u should try it out....

sometimes different patter is just as good as a new effect, imagine if every magician did the same patter, wouldn't that be boring...thats when i do certain levitations, i use a patter on the streets such as saying: "the higher your Alcohol level goes, the higher you can rise", that will then enable me to do the balducci, kings rising, and even some of criss angels methods, i've done the iccarus effect before on the streets and freaked people out....

but yeah i think you get my point....

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Answering the question that was asked, and not listing off my effects:

I use only a few of others' material, very sparingly and only when it fits. Of course, I never perform someone's material exactly the same way they do; I have my own variations on everything.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I use published material because professional magicians have spent years perfecting every nuance and moment of the trick and it is a privilege for me to be able to read the workings and use this trick to amaze others. I simply do not need to create my own material as i am constantly practicing and tweaking other people's.

Just my viewpoint.

Apr 11, 2009
I made a really good coin thru glass where you show your hands empty, no long sleeves or whatever, no gimmicks, and u pick up the glass and put signed coin thru. A kid at my school got a little plastic cup and when he finished his soda i showed to him and he freaked out, so yes i use it a lot now, and i will probably soon make a vid.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Aside from vis, does anyone make non-card effects? Because those are pretty cool.

Aside from vis, does anyone make non-card effects? Because those are pretty cool.

I have created several different baby mentalism techniques for forcing certain numbers, influencing choices, etc. that I use alongside many of my prediction, mind-reading, and foresight performances. As I am fairly new to Mentalism, I'm sure they are not mind-boggling or even new; however, I have come upon them without the use of resources teaching me the suggestive techniques I use/developed.

As for effects that have absolutely nothing to do with cards (therefore excluding mentalism effects incorporating cards):

I have created a new vanish for sponge balls. I think it's nifty.

Working on something involving a leaf and a butterfly. Woo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results