Saturday Night Contest - DG's Creativity Challenge of Doom

Oct 22, 2008
Hey man, it looks like we created really similar effects. I don't know if that will hurt our chances of winning, but I don't think my effect is quite up to par with others like Micheal's and Z-Magic's.

yah i totally noticed that too man! Yours was also good though. I thought about that effecting our chances of winning also, but than i noticed i had the sweatshirt on at the time i was doin the trick and decided why not be a skeleton to make it better! lol

May 31, 2008
Yours Was Good Too! I really Like This Contest, Just to See How Peoples Minds Work You Know?

Thanks, I've been working on for, I guess about two months now. That's the first time I've actually performed it for someone.

*Blushes* I liked Daveyg's as well, it looks very good!!!!!

Thanks to you too!

yah i totally noticed that too man! Yours was also good though. I thought about that effecting our chances of winning also, but than i noticed i had the sweatshirt on at the time i was doin the trick and decided why not be a skeleton to make it better! lol

Good job on your effect, yours was sort of a vanish and mine was a penetration.

Really enjoyed seeing all of these submissions tonight - we watched every single one of them. Above all else, it was great to see the creativity demonstrated within such a tight timeline - 3 hours. Very impressive work by EVERYONE.

Drumroll, trumbones, and suspense... the winners... more drumroll... louder... softer... good. Three submissions tonight stood out to us the most. The first was daveygs magic's effect with the key ring. I've seen this plot before, but it's a fun effect using everyday objects that could play very well for lay audiences.

The second video tonight that stood out to us was ZachMonky's Converse effect - with the label changing on his shoes. I thought this effect was a VERY neat idea that could have some interesting applications. Would have been better in my opinion for it to step outside the bounds of a card trick, but nonetheless the presentation ("it's a lot easier to pick a card when... no one... is... here") made us laugh and entertained us.

Last but not least - tonight's winner. More drumrolll. Okay less. Good. Better. Yes. Glory. Tonight's prize (long distance hugs) goes to Kirby for his chapstick trick here. This seemed like a genuine, simple, impromptu effect - something that spectators would be entertained by and fooled. Check your PM's within the next 24 hours for info on how to redeem your prize (any 1-on-1 on the house).

Congrats to all three of these members - and our winner this evening - and everyone else that participated. Keep the creativity juices flowing and have a rockin sockin weekend fo sho! Peace!

d to the G-sizzle

May 31, 2008
Really enjoyed seeing all of these submissions tonight - we watched every single one of them. Above all else, it was great to see the creativity demonstrated within such a tight timeline - 3 hours. Very impressive work by EVERYONE.

Drumroll, trumbones, and suspense... the winners... more drumroll... louder... softer... good. Three submissions tonight stood out to us the most. The first was daveygs magic's effect with the key ring. I've seen this plot before, but it's a fun effect using everyday objects that could play very well for lay audiences.

The second video tonight that stood out to us was...

Thanks a lot Danny. You have know idea what it means to hear something like that from a magician like you. After hearing that I'm really going to start working hard on the effect. Thanks a lot man, and congrats to Kirby. Your effect was so simple, yet so cool. Also Kirby is my dog's name! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results