Invisible deck

Apr 15, 2009
Hello.
I messed up accidentaly the invisible deck. Could one of you to give me by PM the exact original order of the cards?

May 4, 2009
You can invent your own order. I just got a deck today in the mail today. I also got a book with it. The book was $12 or $10 when you purchase the deck.

The book (How-to guide by Mike Shelley) was a total rip off, lol. It gives you no advice on handling the cards. While it does list the order, it does not even explain how to find the card. It's a crude homemade book that similar has different routines, but doe snot tell you how the trick is done.

For example, I've been sitting here practicing and I have a problem with the first and last cards in the deck separating on me. To me that is what the focus of the book should have been on.

The only difference between the $10 book and the half page of instructions that came with the cards is the book lists the order.

But seriously, save yourself $10 or $12. Take a piece of paper and a pen and create your own order on paper, then save your sheet someone to go back to if they get mixed up again.

After I ordered my deck, I came across a deal on Pengiun Magic. They sell you the deck for $7.50 and it comes with a free instructional video download. Much better deal. lol.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
It doesn't need to be in an order. It's just the back to back cards have to be in the right system (subtract from 13, heart to spades, clubs to daimonds). The actual order of the pairs don't matter. Heck, i even shuffle the deck during a routine where i do a repeated invisible deck effect.

May 4, 2009
Do you guys gimmick your own "invisible decks" ? I'd like to set up a black deck for this illusion. Do you recommend the spray or the cream that ellusionist sells.

Kyle,

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Or if you don't want to order online you can pick up roughing fluid at any hardware store, only it's not called 'roughing fluid'.
1260 DULLCOTE hobby/model/craft lacquer is what I have here... I've made a couple invisible decks with it, they've lasted a few months now and still work reliably.
Just be sure when you apply it not to use too much and also wait untill it dries before putting the card together, otherwise they will stick like glue.

May 4, 2009
Thanks! Now I won't have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Or if you don't want to order online you can pick up roughing fluid at any hardware store, only it's not called 'roughing fluid'.
1260 DULLCOTE hobby/model/craft lacquer is what I have here... I've made a couple invisible decks with it, they've lasted a few months now and still work reliably.
Just be sure when you apply it not to use too much and also wait untill it dries before putting the card together, otherwise they will stick like glue.

May 4, 2009
Thanks! Now I won't have to wait for it to come in the mail. Roughing fluid is what I meant when I said spray.

I was thinking about it while I was eating earlier and I think a spray is much more practical than a cream for doing the whole deck. I can lay out the whole deck on some left-over campaign yard sides in my garage and spray them all evenly at once. I'm sure that is how it's done at USPCC. They would spray the deck when it's still one sheet. I guess the magic stores have to put the cards in order themselves, because my deck came with the USPCC seal broken.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results