Have you met any pro's?

Apr 20, 2009
Myrtle Beach
I have met some and i was curious if others have been so blessed lol i love my hobby to much ....ive met Mark Mason ,Boris Wild ,Garrett Thomas,ROCCO omg Joe Russell ................n e one else meet any pro's?

Lets see...

(no order)

Daniel Garcia
Justin Miller
Michael Ammar
John Calvert
Karl Hein
Eric Jones
Dan Sperry
Kevin James
Losander
Jeff Hobson
Eugene Burger
Michael P. Lair
Stephen Bargatze
and talked with Blaine on the phone

I think I'm leaving a few out, but thats the main list.

C

Nov 10, 2007
I have met:
Andrew Mayne
Karl hein
Simon J Carmel
Mark Mason
Pilou
Chris Kenner
David Copperfield
I think thats it

Jan 9, 2009
I met Dan and Dave Buck and Myles Nakouzi in London this year.

A fantastic meetup with awesome effects shared and great flourishing jammage :)

Sep 2, 2007
honestly. whats the point of this thread? first off, there HAVE been others like it. second of all it's just throwing around nam,es. it doesn;t really matter, nor does it say anything about YOU. They are just people, like you and me. Magicians have a 'niche' fame. so they don;t get huge egos... usually...

Apr 20, 2009
Myrtle Beach
honestly. whats the point of this thread? first off, there HAVE been others like it. second of all it's just throwing around nam,es. it doesn;t really matter, nor does it say anything about YOU. They are just people, like you and me. Magicians have a 'niche' fame. so they don;t get huge egos... usually...

just dont put your opinion in this thread cause its cool to have met other magicians ecspecialy experienced ones .....................Garrett thomas is a close friend , joe russel i grew up wit at a local magic shop and rocco i met him at a magic convention MAWNY in Newyork

Mar 29, 2008
I have spent up close and personal time with:

Lee Asher
Aaron Fisher
Nathan Kranzo
Aaron DeLong
Tyler Wilson
Brian Roberts
Oscar Munoz
Josh Jay
Gregory Wilson
Sean Fields
Jason Dean...but enough about SSS Magic Camp
David Williamson
Richard Sanders
Darwin Ortiz
Eric LeClerc

I have met, spent time around and chatted with:

Michael Weber
David Acer
Jami Ian Swiss
Jason England
Richard Kaufman
Troy Hooser
Shoot Ogawa
Rocco

I have shaken the hand of, got a booked signed and asked questions to:

Michael Ammar
Johnny “Ace” Palmer
Juan Tamariz
John Carney
Aldo Columbini
Herb Zarrow
Eric Mead
David Ben
Jeff McBride
Roberto Giobbi
Mark Mason
Daryl

I can say this much – very few on this list do I hope not to see again and again – not because of their magic, but their kindness. I met most at conventions, magic camp and lectures…but making a strong connection with them is the real gift. I spent one morning with David Williamson at a Toronto bar – with only a few others – we stayed until we were all falling asleep; one of the most memorable moments for me in magic.

They may be regular people, but it is their brilliance that you try to reproduce – their ideas that inspire you, and their effort in sharing their magic that allows many to make a living with magic they would have NO access to, if it weren’t for them releasing the information.

Sure – this might be a name drop thread…but, really, it isn’t – I talked to a guy that was older, he spent time with Marlo, Vernon, etc – and listening to the stories and things that he shared was amazing. Meeting legends in magic isn’t about name dropping, it is about the experience. Check out Lee Asher’s documentary on Ammar to understand what it is all about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Spent time with:
-Michael Weber
-Gregory Wilson
-Helder Guimaraes
-David Williamson
-Juliana Chen
-Dani DaOrtiz (several times)
-Christian Engblom (several times)

Met:
-Juan Tamariz
-Jeff McBride
-Lennart Green (several times)
-Jeff Hobson
-Shoot Ogawa
-Bob Sheets
-Aldo Colombini
-Armando Lucero
-Shimada

Go to some conventions ;)

Mar 15, 2009
I haven't met that many.

Shoot Ogawa
Masa Hiro
Tony Clark
Nathan Burton
Mac King
Kyle Eschen (Best Teenage Magician at World Magic Awards 2009. I'd consider him famous!)
Zachmonky (He was on Masters of Illusion at age 13!)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results