Influenza: How Does This Affect You?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello Guys!! I wanted to know if somebody are having troubles because of the Influenza, and I mean anything directly of indirectly

per example, me.. I used to work in nightclubs and restaurants, but now everything is closed because of the influenza so I´m gonna be very Un-Busy this weekend...

also I´m in Mexico, Influenza here is very serious and the goverment have taken a lot of measures to prevent expansion... because until know almost 200 peopla have died and there´s more than 2´000 infected..

so I wanna hear you!!!

Sep 19, 2008
Singapore
You mean swine influenza??
Nope... I don't think that there is swine influenza in Singapore yet...
But, in my home country, Indonesia, there has been some cases & it has killed some people...

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hello Guys!! I wanted to know if somebody are having troubles because of the Influenza, and I mean anything directly of indirectly

per example, me.. I used to work in nightclubs and restaurants, but now everything is closed because of the influenza so I´m gonna be very Un-Busy this weekend...

also I´m in Mexico, Influenza here is very serious and the goverment have taken a lot of measures to prevent expansion... because until know almost 200 peopla have died and there´s more than 2´000 infected..

so I wanna hear you!!!

Tsss, same here buddy. You know where I live :)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I currently live in San Diego, so far there is one possibly affected person.

Many may have the swine flu, but most of them are mild conditions and thier body will clean-up after a day or two.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I live in Connecticut. I have only heard of one person in my state with the swine flu and he lives like an hour away from where i live so i think i'll be safe.

I had a friend who went to Mexico for spring break last week. She made it out just before the flu broke out. Lucky her eh?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
No, not airborn.
That would be like that movie "Outbreak".

It started in Mexico and several schools and other places shut down.
I heard that a 23 month old baby died from it.
Right now everyone is suggesting to wash your hands and take little precautions like that.

The regular Flu is actually more deadly than the Swine Flu, but for the Swine Flu, we have no vaccine for. That's why it's considered a problem.
I suggest you google it for more info.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
No, not airborn.
That would be like that movie "Outbreak".

It started in Mexico and several schools and other places shut down.
I heard that a 23 month old baby died from it.
Right now everyone is suggesting to wash your hands and take little precautions like that.

The regular Flu is actually more deadly than the Swine Flu, but for the Swine Flu, we have no vaccine for. That's why it's considered a problem.
I suggest you google it for more info.

-Hey,
-Thanks for the info.
-My reason asking is because I'm experiencing such like illness, the only problem is because I haven't been out of the house for awhie.
-My last trip to the store was a few days the outbreak took place.
-Also, since the swine flu spreads easily, not one in my family is sick.
-Do you think it's my imagination?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
-Hey,
-Thanks for the info.
-My reason asking is because I'm experiencing such like illness, the only problem is because I haven't been out of the house for awhie.
-My last trip to the store was a few days the outbreak took place.
-Also, since the swine flu spreads easily, not one in my family is sick.
-Do you think it's my imagination?

Whoa, I can't really answer that for you. I'm no doctor.
What are your symptoms?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Whoa, I can't really answer that for you. I'm no doctor.
What are your symptoms?

-Just a stomach ache.
-My was a little nerves since I heard of the outbreak, maybe it's that.
-I was heard that many people will feel these symptoms, but the body will cear itself up in a day or two.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
It's actually very easy to prevent the spread of influenza (yes, including swine flu).

Simply wash your hands often, and if your sick stay home.

If you do this, you will be fine.

j

-Thanks for the info.
-I've been taking a shower every morning and night and I always wash my hands, when ever I touch something.

Dec 28, 2008
I think that the media are kinda milking it a bit. That said it's still dangerous so be careful.
I'm in the UK, and there are a couple of mild suspected cases i think.
-Adam

Oct 25, 2007
The toddler that died was in my city for a couple of days before being transfered to Houston where he died.

My heart and prayers go out to his family in their time of grief.

I live across the border from a city in Mexico where they have confirmed 20 or so cases. Texas has 16 confirmed cases and 1 death.

It has affected me because now I'm paranoid about people handling my cards as far as magic is concerned.

Sep 19, 2008
Singapore
-Just a stomach ache.
-My was a little nerves since I heard of the outbreak, maybe it's that.
-I was heard that many people will feel these symptoms, but the body will cear itself up in a day or two.

I think stomach ache is not one of swine flu's symptom...
I just read it on wikipedia... lol... :)

Well I was sick about a week ago before the whole influenza thing came out. Then luckily about yesterday my cold seems to have gone:D. Now here is my problem. Just recently today in school at 6th period I felt a strange feeling in my throat. After taking a nap in class:eek: my throat started to really hurt. Now I'm at home a bit worried hoping I don't have the virus. I read the symptons you get when you have the virus and i'ts hard for me to know if I'm infected since the symptons are about the same as a common flu.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results