card fictions or drawing room deceptions?

Nov 10, 2007
Which one do you reccommend? I am almost in my 5th year of impromtu card magic and am embarrased I do not have these yet. WQhich would you reccommend and if it would be possible if you can give good points like:
Easy to Understand?
Impromtuness?
Set-up?
Things like that thanx a bunch.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Easy to understand is really nothing. If you truly wan't to learn something, you'll put your time and effort to understand it. Not just reading it in 5 minutes. "Impromtuness" shouldn't mean much either. Learn how to set up routines on the fly.

Save up, but both and see which one you like. Having people tell you their own opinion on something could make you buy it, while you might think it is worthless and end up wasting your money.

Nov 10, 2007
Easy to understand is really nothing. If you truly wan't to learn something, you'll put your time and effort to understand it. Not just reading it in 5 minutes. "Impromtuness" shouldn't mean much either. Learn how to set up routines on the fly.

Save up, but both and see which one you like. Having people tell you their own opinion on something could make you buy it, while you might think it is worthless and end up wasting your money.

Wow calm down there buddy I think I know what learning a trick from either of these books will take, I dont think you know what I mean when I say easy to understand as in is the book hard to read considering my comprhension is bad and are their pictures? I would like to see what other people think and base my opinion off that considering there is description of effects in DRD.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Drawing room deceptions is an excellent book and will give you more than enough to work with for a while. It is very difficult, but one of my favorites. The points that you listed should not affect you from purchasing it.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I dont think you know what I mean when I say easy to understand as in is the book hard to read considering my comprhension is bad and are their pictures? I would like to see what other people think and base my opinion off that considering there is description of effects in DRD.

That was actually what I meant :)

Though your comprehension skills may be lacking, you should still be able to learn from really anything that isn't for people with an incredibly high IQ.

I stay with my original thought: People's opinions should not really change what to buy or not. Some may say a book is the greatest book on Earth, others say it is horrible.

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
I stay with my original thought: People's opinions should not really change what to buy or not. Some may say a book is the greatest book on Earth, others say it is horrible.

That doesn't mean someone can't pick up on whether or not one book might be more in their wheelhouse based on trick descriptions, writing styles, etc.

Sep 1, 2007
California
That doesn't mean someone can't pick up on whether or not one book might be more in their wheelhouse based on trick descriptions, writing styles, etc.

Hence the reason I put "shouldn't really" =)

But I understand exactly what you mean. Perhaps "Shouldn't greatly differ" may have been better words.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Drawing Room Deceptions is fairly difficult, I'll say that much. I don't have Card Fictions yet so I can't compare the two unfortunately, but I will say that you won't be disappointed by DRD, it's very good.

RickLax

<b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/artists/Rick-
Sep 26, 2011
Las Vegas
ricklax.com
Okay, I don't have card fictions, but I have gone through drawing room deceptions. I learned to perform some of the tricks, but no longer perform any of them because they're each so difficult in their own ways. That said, the tricks in that book are fantastic, and I'm sure if you show me one in ten years (by the time I've forgotten everything in the book), it'll fool me. But, yeah, based on your questions, I don't know if it'd be a great fit for you.

Which one do you reccommend? I am almost in my 5th year of impromtu card magic and am embarrased I do not have these yet. WQhich would you reccommend and if it would be possible if you can give good points like:
Easy to Understand?
Impromtuness?
Set-up?
Things like that thanx a bunch.

Nov 10, 2007
This is so funny. This post was made well over 2 years ago and I completely forgotten about it. After 2 years I can say that I have bought both books and their both fantastic. Everything in Card Fictions is magic truly meant for lay audiences and the effects are top notch. Same thing with Drawing Room Deceptions although the book has more advanced material I highly recommend both these books to any cardician.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results