Trifecta - Homer Liwag

Aug 18, 2008
This 1-on-1 features three of Homer's "favorite pet vanishes"
So ill get right into it

Quality- What can i say, great quality like all 1 on 1's

Teaching- I really like Homer's teaching style. He makes everything simple as possible. He takes his time and all three moves are covered in great detail. He takes the vanishes and makes them a work of art. He spends a lot of time on the subtleties that will make them look perfect.

Content-
Melt Vanish- Wave your hand over a coin and it melts into nothing. Show your hands clean. This is my favorite of the three vanishes. It is incredibly simple and looks great. It is definitely the easiest. The angles aren't the best but I haven't had any problems performing this.

Himber Vanish- Drop a coin into your opposite hand and then show both hands empty. This vanish is sneakkkky. I love the method. It is quite knacky but I cant wait to get it down. You will have fun with this one. Angles are a little better than the melt vanish but still tricky.

Flip Over Vanish- Toss a coin into your opposite hand, and show both hands clean. This is a fun little vanish, very simple and effective. The moves are not difficult but it takes some good acting to pull off. Angles are very good as you can probably tell from the demo.

Overall- These are simply the best coin vanishes I have come across in a long time. With the subtleties and techniques homer teaches these will floor anyone.
8.5/10

IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU ONLY LEARN THE THREE VANISHES. NOTHING ELSE IS TAUGHT. NO PRODUCTIONS, NO APPLICATIONS, NO ROUTINES!

this isnt a bad thing, just dont expect to learn these and be a master of coins. You should have a fairly good understanding of coin magic before picking this up.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
Just because i was thinking of writing a more in depth review...

Over Half of the Video teaches the Melt Vanish, which is pretty easy to do, which says a lot about Homer's teaching style of being very in depth!

I found the Last Flip over vanish the easiest rather than the melt vanish. The way Homer teaches all three vanishes is Shows you the move... Shows you some things he's added to the move... then shows you how to make the move look flashy.

I love these vanishes, and thought it was well worth it!

Sep 4, 2007
Paris, France
Melt Vanish- Wave your hand over a coin and it melts into nothing. Show your hands clean. This is my favorite of the three vanishes. It is incredibly simple and looks great. It is definitely the easiest. The angles aren't the best but I haven't had any problems performing this.

Himber Vanish- Drop a coin into your opposite hand and then show both hands empty. This vanish is sneakkkky. I love the method. It is quite knacky but I cant wait to get it down. You will have fun with this one. Angles are a little better than the melt vanish but still tricky.

Flip Over Vanish- Toss a coin into your opposite hand, and show both hands clean. This is a fun little vanish, very simple and effective. The moves are not difficult but it takes some good acting to pull off. Angles are very good as you can probably tell from the demo.

I thought exactly the contrary about the angles : The Melt Vanish is the one with the best angles and the Flip Over Vanish is the worst !

By the way, great 1-on-1 !
It made me buy both CoinOne and CoinTwo. :rolleyes:

Oct 11, 2007
David Roth never made that style vanish look that clean ever,I've known Homer for 25 years,I have those vanishes on video tape from my basement filmed 23 years ago.Those vanishes look as good now as they did then.everybody has a variation,but none of them look that clean and smoothed out as Homer's.When I first meet him he at the time he had never read or seen any of David's work.Don't get me wrong I love David Roth's coin magic to,and saw him many times.Always been in my top 5 coin workers of all time.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thanks for reviewing this. All the subtleties on the Melt vanish are what really sells it. I'm familiar with the Himber vanish but I prefer the position that the Himber Melt vanish(apparently) leaves you in. Much cleaner looking.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results