How to make a good post

Some people seem to be complaining about the quality of some members' posts lately, so I thought I'd put up a few little tips on how to improve your posts, so everyone's happy. :D

Step 1: Start sentences with capital letters.

It's not that hard, just use that shift key over there, it does the trick. Don't forget to finish them with periods either!

Step 2: Spell your words.

This isn't lolcatz, it's you, not u. Ha, not lol. People will respect you so much more if you do spell properly.

Step 3: Content, make it good.

Don't post things like "Awesome! *word count*" (I don't, what are you talking about? :p)
There's no point, if you want to respect something someone has done, you can do it with a full sentence.
If you have to disagree with someone, do it in a respectful manner. Remember, some people here may actually be better than you. I'm not saying they are, but it's very possible. Don't argue if you don't know what you're talking about. :)

Step 4: Don't bash other members.

Exactly as it sounds. Respect is a large part of these forums, and respect doesn't work too well if people bash each other. So don't! :D

I have more, but I think it's important for people to work it out themselves. Anyone have anything else to share about this? Let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

Erulez

Banned
Mar 27, 2009
I agree that people need to improve their post quality but this thread makes you seem a bit arrogant don't you think?

E

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Maybe it's because I know him personally, but it doesn't come across that way to me.

Incidentally, remember that these are guidelines in general. Good grammar and spell checks help a lot - which is not to say that you can't say lol. lol.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
And the actual content of what is being posted.
Like questions like "whatever happened to so and so project?" or of that nature.
Posts that should be PM's to the crew directly,not people on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erulez

Banned
Mar 27, 2009
And the actual content of what is being posted.
Like questions like "whatever happened to so and so project?" or of that nature.
Posts that should be PM's to the crew directly,not people on the forums.

Also people shouldn't bash members of the forums behind their back.

E

Sep 1, 2007
Also people shouldn't bash members of the forums behind their back.

You have to get behind somebody before you can stab them in the back. It's what magicians do best.

Truth is, we're all looking out for Number 1. Some of us are just a little less aggressive about it.

Erulez

Banned
Mar 27, 2009
You have to get behind somebody before you can stab them in the back. It's what magicians do best.

Truth is, we're all looking out for Number 1. Some of us are just a little less aggressive about it.

Good point. It reminds me of the movie Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield. "You always have to look out for number one and be careful not to step in number two."

E

A great thing would also be Firefox!

Its the best browser i know, and it has spell check. It makes a red wavy line under a word if you haven´t spelled a word right and after that you can just highlight the word and click with your right click(on the mouse) and it prompts a list of words that are similar to your typed in word. So you can choose one and get away with misspelling. :)

Mikk

PS. FF RULEZ!!!

PS2. (no not playstation two) Safari 4 is great too!

EDIT// Sorry for the RULEZ thing FF is just so good.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California

I agree with this, yet disagree with this at the same time - At the moment, my career in magic is not important to me, and cannot be for at least five or six years. I would much rather release my notes to a close friend and watch him succeed, if he so chooses to use my effects.

May 31, 2008
A great thing would also be Firefox!

Its the best browser i know, and it has spell check. It makes a red wavy line under a word if you haven´t spelled a word right and after that you can just highlight the word and click with your right click(on the mouse) and it prompts a list of words that are similar to your typed in word. So you can choose one and get away with misspelling. :)

Mikk

PS. FF RULEZ!!!

PS2. (no not playstation two) Safari 4 is great too!

EDIT// Sorry for the RULEZ thing FF is just so good.

I also recommend getting a browser called, "FireFox 3." Unlike, "Internet Explorer," it has a spell checker. So does "Safari."

Edit: Also avoid Chuck Norris jokes at all costs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results