theory11 bulletin :: Remaining Days of PANIC - Full Details

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
So are like..Gaff Decks screwed now or what?

Anyone have the full information on this subject?

And, if I buy Panic, how do I go about buying more gimmicks?
Will the gimmicks still be sold after May 3rd?
I'm a bit confused..

May 31, 2008
So are like..Gaff Decks screwed now or what?

Anyone have the full information on this subject?

And, if I buy Panic, how do I go about buying more gimmicks?
Will the gimmicks still be sold after May 3rd?
I'm a bit confused..

If you go to the effect's page you can see where to buy gimmicks.

May 31, 2008
I just got a message from Jonathan Bayme:

"Daveyg-

I think you read that wrong - the opposite is the truth. USPCC is restricting use of their OWN back designs. We own all of our designs and therefore will be completely unaffected by these guidelines. The reason PANIC was affected by this was the use of a modified USPCC rider back design in the gimmick."

Theory11 is fine, but Ellusionist could be in a lot of trouble.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Yeah, I completely agree with that. In fact, I almost made a thread about making gimmicks for Guardians, but I thought it might be exposure.

In fact, the last handful of posts, including the quote from Bayme could be considered exposure.

Anyways, I definitely think that T11 should renew the contract with Aaron and then produce gimmicks for other decks.

-----

Side note: Why would Ellusionist or anyone be in trouble? You guys are jumping to such huge conclusions. USPCC will contact companies about this. Besides, Ellusionist, just like Theory11, owns all of those designs.

Sep 4, 2007
Theory11 is fine, but Ellusionist could be in a lot of trouble.

Please. E has been in business long enough now that this type of thing won't be of concern, logically speaking.

Theory11 will be fine, and E will be fine. Leave it at that.

urban

Sep 3, 2007
Could be that AF moved on and doesn't work with T11 anymore? Anyhow, that gimmick is pretty simple to build on your own so there is no reason for panic.

D

Deleted member 2755

Yeah, I completely agree with that. In fact, I almost made a thread about making gimmicks for Guardians, but I thought it might be exposure.

In fact, the last handful of posts, including the quote from Bayme could be considered exposure.

Anyways, I definitely think that T11 should renew the contract with Aaron and then produce gimmicks for other decks.

-----

Side note: Why would Ellusionist or anyone be in trouble? You guys are jumping to such huge conclusions. USPCC will contact companies about this. Besides, Ellusionist, just like Theory11, owns all of those designs.

Whatever future plans Aaron has with this concept is obviously up to him, but you are right that moving to theory11 back designs for the gimmick would eliminate the problem of USPCC guidelines.

As for E being in trouble, they do NOT own that design. It is the exact same design as the Rider Back design except inverted. I could take Red Bikes and make them green. Does that make it my design? No. T11 designs are 100% different, thus they own the designs. So what happens to E is obviously up in the air. Considering this is a thread about Panic, I think E is irrelevant.

Time will tell how things lay out in the future.

-Doug

Jan 28, 2009
I just hooked myself up with some spare gimmicks. I use this a lot and my gimmicks are tired looking. This is an absolutely genious effect, and whether he does it with Theory 11 or otherwise I hope that he continues to produce this effect with someone. (and some cards, lol.)

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited, thanks to all of the awesome and uber cool magic kiddos here at Theory11. Your advice and professionalism regarding my many postings here on this site has been invaluable....

Last edited by a moderator:
As we come to the close of our initial contractual term for PANIC (with Aaron Fisher), we are also faced with limitations by US Playing Card with regard to modification of US Playing Card trademarked back designs.

For both of those reasons, and with full respect to both AF and USPCC, we announce and give the heads up today that PANIC will be discontinued from sale directly by theory11 on May 3rd at 11:00pm EST. After that time, you may still be able to purchase PANIC from those trusted retailers and third parties that still have some in stock for a period of time, but it will no longer be sold or manufactured by theory11.

And because of that, we encourage everyone to stock up now if you do not yet own the Panic DVD - or need an additional set (or sets) of gimmicks. If you are not able to purchase within that time, you still will be able to purchase from one of our trusted retailers while their supplies last, but the DVD will not longer be sold (retail or to any retailers) by theory11 after May 3rd.

It does sadden us to see such a great product go, but at the same time we understand and respect the wishes of Aaron and guidelines set forth by the USPCC to protect their trademarks, designs, and intellectual property.

As our original contractual term for PANIC with Aaron is coming to a close, the future of the item is entirely in his hands. It's a brilliant effect, so I certainly hope it will live on in some form or another, and we were honored to produce this with AF as one of our flagship items on launch of theory11 on '07. Cheers to that. Cheers to that.

In the meantime, the clock is ticking on this one - about 72 hours from right now.

:: http://www.theory11.com/tricks/panic.php
sorry to hear that Mr. Bayme.....its a big time blow....

Jan 28, 2009
I sent Aaron Fisher an e-mail and asked him if Panic would be back (as well as pointing out how much of a shame it would be if the magic community was deprived of that effect). He said that I could "take it to the bank" that Panic will be back at some point and to watch this space.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results