One-Handed Cuts

Wow I'm really getting into one-handed stuff. Anyways...

Anyone know where I can learn some cool-looking one handed cuts? The only one I know is the basic one handed cut and I would like to expand my knowledge of one handed cuttingness to a higher degree. :D

Jul 14, 2008
Brian Tudor has an amazing one handed cut. It can be found in Showoff Volume 1 and II and also Generation Extreme as well. However, the teaching of the dvd is not very good. If you put dedication and hard work, then it will be worth it. I would have to say Cai, one of theVirts has insane one handed cut I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2008
Xtreme Beginnerz Volume 1 teaches multiple one handed cuts and a one handed riffle shuffle. Also The Cobra Cut DVD teaches the most difficult one handed cut. And there is a 1 on 1 by Andrei Jikh that is called Backpack.

Hope this helps.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Along with the things already said, you can check out the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourish by Jerry Cestowski (man, that's a pain to type). He teaches lots of one hand cuts in that book, most of which you have never even heard of.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Along with the things already said, you can check out the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourish by Jerry Cestowski (man, that's a pain to type). He teaches lots of one hand cuts in that book, most of which you have never even heard of.

I second encyclopedia. Its got some good, original one-handed cuts. Not to mention tons of other useful flourishes. You won't be disappointed.

Mar 18, 2009
first of all, how could you be getting really into one-handed cuts if you only know one, the charlier cut. lol

but anyway, there are a couple on the trilogy disc three, like the revolution cut. (one of my all time favorites lol

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
first of all, how could you be getting really into one-handed cuts if you only know one, the charlier cut. lol

but anyway, there are a couple on the trilogy disc three, like the revolution cut. (one of my all time favorites lol

rev is tudors.

tudor has a ton of awesome one handeds. check out all the show off volumes.

Sep 20, 2008
Check out Generation Xtreme by Brian tudor.

He does one handed cuts upside down. and im serious when i say that. I think he does Onehanded revolution - 3 upside down.

Sep 20, 2008
"So, it's basically like doing a pass, upside-down, in one hand, with three packets..."

uhh.. i think that's actually right though. it does look like a pass upside down in one hand with three packets.

lol.

Oct 28, 2007
Brian Tudor has an amazing one handed cut. It can be found in Showoff Volume 1 and II and also Generation Extreme as well. However, the teaching of the dvd is not very good. If you put dedication and hard work, then it will be worth it. I would have to say Cai, one of theVirts has insane one handed cut I've ever seen in my life.

i have never really seen Cai in anything are there any vids i could watch?

Oct 28, 2007
i remember seeing a post from huron saying that he just isn't as active as the others but that was a while ago so i don't know.

Sep 1, 2007
my favorite one hand cut is Max321's signature combo of thumb cuts and running charliers with a crazy split in there, you can find it in the HL kickass#2 video at the very end.

Apr 6, 2009
Lazytown
Well there are some basic one handed cuts that are a "must" for flourishers that want to climb up to the higher levels.

Ill sum it up for you:

Kryptonite - DnD/The System

One handed revolution - Brian Tudor/Can be found on his DVDs and on YouTube.

L Cuts - Jerry/Encyclopedia of card flourishes/Youtube

Charlier cuts

Hotshot cut

Thumb cut

Well, these are some of the cuts that I perform alot.

-deckster

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results