Polishing coins

Feb 17, 2009
Bethlehem PA
What things can you find around your home to polish coins? Jay Sankey says a little cod liver oil and some garlic, but considering his sense of humor, I don't know if he was serious or not.

Jamie Schoolcraft

expert coin ninja / theory11
May 2, 2009
Depending on the year, and type of coin I can possibly help. Baking soda and water with an old toothbrush will work. But I typically don't recommend polishing coins. If the coins are silver Tarn-X is best.

Jul 8, 2008
Toothpaste. I use my fingers, toothpaste, water, and some soap and that gets the job done fine. You can use a toothbrush if you want though.

Mar 29, 2008
Depending on the year, and type of coin I can possibly help. Baking soda and water with an old toothbrush will work. But I typically don't recommend polishing coins. If the coins are silver Tarn-X is best.

Completely agree, there is also a product called wrights silver polish that is mainly used by horse riders to polish they're silver, works very well.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
If you go into the Jewelry store, their are these rags you can buy, that do the best job! They are actually made to polish Silver Jewelry!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results