Sinful, Coin In Soda Can - Pepsi Products not working any more.

May 4, 2009
I couple years ago I bought Stigmata and Sinful. I did them for numerous people. I recently got interested in magic again and bought some new videos. However I went out and bought some diet Pepsi to start practicing Sinful again, and they have changed their cans. A quarter is now too big.

Someone on ellusionist said they tried this with coke classic recently and the can had been changed and a quarter no longer fit it. I actually peeled back the cardboard box some in the grocery store to verify that the pepsi cans were suitable. They looked the same. The change was extremely slight.

Before I did ths with coke, pepsi, beer, the works. I normally only buy Bottled beer and 6 gallon bottles of water. Before when I was doing this trick I was buying cans of soda exclusively to do the trick, lol.

For those who have performed this recently, what brands have you used?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Valhalla, Wayne Houchin, a couple of months ago, put out a video addressing what I *think* was this change in can design, including a simple way to get around it. Truth be told, I've forgotten everything about it except that it exists, but you might find something if you look around - there's bound to a be an old thread in General Topics on it.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Use a nickel...that should solve your problem. Admittedly a nickel doesn't seem quite as natural as a quarter and it may take away from the illusion a bit for you as the magician, but the spectators will not care.

May 4, 2009
Ok, the problem. The first move works fine with the Pepsi cans I got. It is the final move that no longer works.

The video he made was about the slamming of the coin into the can. The "first move".

If that's what you were talking about, then email Wayne and ask for the video.

It used to be here: http://www.waynehouchin.com/SinfulIdeas.html - But the page is down now. Email him and he'll send you the video I'm sure. ;)

Sep 3, 2007
I went to a lecture of his about a month ago, and he said the current Sprite cans work perfectly.

Yea. I was there too! I pmed you.

I think you should try going to a vending machine and using the cans there because Sinful probably appears betters on the spot than if you bring a can. You could even use the change the machine gives you for the quarter!

May 4, 2009
Back when this DVD first came out I did it several times for people at hotels when I was at conferences for stuff. I'd use a can at random from what was brought in.

What sucks about vending machines is you can't even find ones with cans any more. They all have bottles, which I hate. I think coke/pepsi actually taste best in a can, even though I can't stand beer out of a can.

Yea. I was there too! I pmed you.

I think you should try going to a vending machine and using the cans there because Sinful probably appears betters on the spot than if you bring a can. You could even use the change the machine gives you for the quarter!

Nov 8, 2007
You can still do it with both Pepsi and Coke. I tested this out about a month ago. It takes a bit more of a push, and it makes it easier if you get the angle just right, but it still works nonetheless, just not quite as smoothe as it used to, unfortunately.

Dec 16, 2008
Use a nickel...that should solve your problem. Admittedly a nickel doesn't seem quite as natural as a quarter and it may take away from the illusion a bit for you as the magician, but the spectators will not care.

I try a nickel, the thickness and small made it unnatural sound when you do the first hit on bottom of can.
I will try diet coca, thax u for sharing lol never drink that kind.

May 4, 2009
I tried forcing it with a Pepsi can and it leaves marks on the can that would be noticeable if the spectator examined it.

What sucks about Coke, is they actually made it wider. So now the quarter falls back out pretty easily.

Before the quarter just barely fit into Pepsi or Coke and then got stuck, so the spectator thinks that the hole is not even big enough.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results