The Masked Moron is at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2009
Bethlehem PA
Im watching the masked magician on tv as I write this, and I can say that Im really getting sick of seeing this idiot. The first couple of episodes I didn't mind cause he was showing mainly overused stage magic. Now he has been coming out with new episodes revealing some good close up magic like Stigmata,coffee to coins etc. Im just getting disgusted by this idiot. What else will he reveal? Could be one of YOUR main effects. Things like this are destroying the art of magic. Youtube is one thing but when millions are tuned in to fox 5 and channel 2 this is becoming disgusting. Sorry but I just needed to rant.

Yea yea yea, he and YouTube are completely destroying the art, blah blah blah. Video killed the radio star, too.

*****ing about Valentino exposing effects is kind of like the people who take vows of silence to fight an issue, it doesn't do anything but please your own inner efforts. I have yet to see anyone actually do a thing about the show and what he does, not one thing. All people do is come online or go to their magic clubs and look devoted by spewing hatred of the guy, thats it.

We could spend our time improving ourselves as performers, artists, and entertainers. Na, lets just worry about things we can't control... Thats a better use of our time.

C

Feb 17, 2009
Bethlehem PA
Why? I didn't care at first either but one day you will show someone something and they will be lke "Oh I seen that on tv I know how its done". All thanks to the "masked moron".

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't think the guy really has any viewers. I could essentially perform everything he exposed and not get called on it. Just by naming it something different and using a completely different presentation.

Also the guy has the charisma and showmanship of paint drying. I remember him saying that he wanted people to be better showmen. But if this is his idea of a showmanship is standing there and nodding your head with your arms crossed. Then every gang member and kid who listens to 50 cent must be THE greatest showman of all time!

Sep 1, 2007
Why? I didn't care at first either but one day you will show someone something and they will be lke "Oh I seen that on tv I know how its done". All thanks to the "masked moron".

Well... it'll happen to you. I take a slightly more proactive approach.

And I like how you say, "at first." As if I've never thought about this before in my life.

Sep 1, 2007
What do you mean it will happen to me? You don't even know me so how would you know.

You made a big damn deal out of it, you started ranting about how it's destroying magic... You worry about it happening because it can affect you.

I'm not worried, because it won't affect me.

Besides, you said it would happen to me, therefor I can say it to you with a clean conscience. If you can't play with the big leaguers, get out of the game.

And if you don't mind me asking what is your so called "proactive" approach ?

Stay ahead of the curve. My success isn't dependent on my keeping the secrets of the latest and greatest that the rabble are so quick to buy up with mommy and daddy's credit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 26, 2008
Minnesota
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8tQgHiMGGU

This is why I <3 him so much.

Its a paradox for a Magician never to tell his secrets. If magicians didn't tell their secrets there would be NO magicians. Granted I don't like the guy, and simply won't watch his show. People will still enjoy your magic. A lot of people DON'T watch him. And honestly when is the last time you've turned coffee to coins...plz. pff.

Dec 29, 2008

Thats a good point. That happened to me once when performing Torn and Restored Thred before performing Wayne Houchin's "Thread".

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
Damn, why is everyone getting so worked up about it?
Yeah, some magicians will get called out on their tricks, and we're just going to have to deal with it. It's not like we can get his show off the air (easily) or do anything else about it.

My view is: Oh well.

P.S. - I perfectly understand your need to rant, though, and I have nothing against it.
P.P.S. - oh yeah, and EVERYONE is a hypocrite. EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results