What do you think a card magician should own?

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
-sharpie
-dup.
-odd back
-plastic bag
-extra bad ass gimmick deck (like 212215 or momento)
-a pair of hands
-mouth (for card to mouth)
-good memory
-original performance
there's a whole list. i'll the others fill it.
- Rebeol

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I would think a card magician should have a sharpie...balloons...dupes...david blaine(jk)...patter...hot femal assistant(jk again)...lighter...extra deck of cards, regular, diffrent colored backs...invisible deck,etc..double sided tape....coins....rubber bands...gaffed cards(blank faced...double backers..etc)...hope this helps!

May 24, 2008
professionals- two decks and a sharpie (reason for 2, you are signing a bunch of cards and handing them out (assumed) deck will run thin soon.

casual performer at a party etc. - a deck and a sharpie

Oct 16, 2008
Columbus Ohio
1. A sharpie

2. A deck of cards or two

3. Any gimmicks. if your into that

4. loops. should be with gimmicks but loops are great

5. your mind/memory. horrible to forget a trick::cool:)

1)Sharpie
2)Zip lock/sandwich bags (just in case you're going to perform something requiring this)
3) Extra deck
4)Digicam (just in case u want a picture with ur spectator or video of your performance.)
5)Balloons
6)Lighter
7)flash paper (I just feel like it)

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I carry a bag with an army of cards. I kinda like to show them off, and in many instances I let my specs pic a deck for a trick or offer to use one of their own if they have it. All examinable decks (most of them) are in the main compartment of my bag, those that are not are in a hidden compartment inside the main part so I don't have to worry about people with wandering hands and eyes.

With that, I have a sharpie and a handful of decks prepped for tricks. (ie Invisible deck, gaff decks, and many other tricks ready like angle-Zero and the like.

Oh, and an Advocate in your favorite deck of cards, ready at ALL times. Impromptu miracles will abound.

I say lots of things because that is what I carry for gigs. In reality, it is up to you and your style. I also keep things ready for Rich Ferguson's Tagged at all times. I combine d+M's angle-Zero, Burn, and Rich's Tagged for one of the greatest reactions I EVER get. I don't carry an invisible deck often anymore because I have the Advocate, which gives me the ability to do the ID without a super gimmicked deck. Find what tricks you like, do well, and can get great reactions from, and build your routine, complete with alternates and outs, then find out what you need to carry. I have several routines ready, one which uses only a single deck and one that uses one deck and just supplies I can hide in my pockets.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
This would really depend on the routines you do, but here's a general list.

A deck or two or twenty (I carry 1 or 2)
Sharpie (if you do any tricks with a signed card)
Gimmicks that you use (if any)
Business cards (if you plan on have a job/business as a magician)
Props if you use any (lighters, etc.)
Coins, sponge balls, rubber bands, etc. (if you do any other type of magic as well)

Notice, the only things were absolutely essential was a deck of cards

Mar 30, 2008
Finland
gimmicks... but why?

Why does everyone want gimmicks..? what's so cool about them.. they are usually weird props or just too much work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results