Roughing Agent for Invisible Deck

Apr 29, 2009
what could be a possible roughing agent for a homemade invisible deck? i heard polycrylic is one. but i can't find it here at our area.

Feb 28, 2008
Yea, it's the Testor's Dullcoat. I usually get it at Hobby shops that sell model cars and stuff like that. However, personally, I would rather just by the invisible deck. The process of making it takes awhile (especially the drying) and buying a deck and the spray is usually around the same price as buying the deck.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Use in well ventilated area! The spray may cause cancer, and spontaneous combustion of your gonads.

Ignore the second point, the spray is carcinogenic thou.

Sep 9, 2007
I've tried Dullcoat, and it sorta works, but not as well as I hoped. Maybe I didn't let it dry enough, I dunno.

But yeah, this is the one thing I can't be bothered to make until I get better directions than just "spray". I've tried it twice and they decks came out OK, but not as good as the one I bought.

I say just spend the couple of extra bucks and buy it already made. And yeah, you can't get a guardian/centurion/etc ID, but performing with anything but regular bikes attracts too much heat. They're going to want to inspect the deck THAT much more and an ID ends pretty dirty unless you do a clever deck switch.

So yeah, that's my general rule of thumb - if the deck is going to be gaffed or have a gaff, it's definitely gotta be a regular bike deck. If I'm doing something where the deck is inspectable before/after the trick (something like an ACR) then it doesn't matter so much.

Apr 29, 2009
Yea, it's the Testor's Dullcoat. I usually get it at Hobby shops that sell model cars and stuff like that. However, personally, I would rather just by the invisible deck. The process of making it takes awhile (especially the drying) and buying a deck and the spray is usually around the same price as buying the deck.

problem is, i don't live in the US. shipping costs too much if it's international and it takes several weeks to ship. so i prefer making myself one. but thanks for the tips though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results