How do we all get time to work on the magic we have?

jr?

Apr 3, 2009
leeds and halifax
www.jrmagic.co.uk
time is hard in to day's world but we get to see the tv and do what we can to get the job . the time in the job is good . but do we have time to put the work in the magic we have got? i no i have time to put the work in, but do you?

Aug 29, 2008
People who says they haven't got the time to practice magic usually don't love magic enough. If you love what you do you'll find the time to do it.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I think no one can honestly say they haven't gotten 30 minutes to work on magic.
I grant you, that's not much, professional school student, I really don't have a whole lot of time, but I still put about 30 minutes to hour and a half each day to practice. As a hobby-ist, that's quite enough, I think.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well any magician,hobbyist,performer will find time in there hectic lives running from place to place like mind controlled rats...but in any case I aat least put an hour or more if I can into practicing an working on my routines an patter for an effect. I also agree that if a person shall say "I dont have the time"....then I dont have the time to respond to this thread an spill my 2 cents. Magik is my addiction.

time is hard in to day's world but we get to see the tv and do what we can to get the job . the time in the job is good . but do we have time to put the work in the magic we have got? i no i have time to put the work in, but do you?
kudos to you man...i can finally understand what you typed....

this is how you find time....you don't just practice a whole routine all at once, you have to practice move by move...

when watching t.v. practice on moves....

when you are bored, practice on full routines....in a mirror, using your shadow....and also in front of someone who keeps everything you do confidential.....

you know that time you have when you lay down at night and don't feel like going to sleep...there's time to practice....

when you are at work and have finished everything and you are prolly on theory 11 chatting it up.....there's time to practice....i give myself like a week or two to perfect one effect.....

can u still believe i practice the invisible palm...my sleeving....my double lifts...its the little things that makes the big things go well....

i practice on patter, i practice situational magic...basically saying i practice on when and where to do a certain effect....

details...keep that in mind...

Dec 4, 2008
If you are sincerely interested in perfecting your magic, then you will always find time to perfect it. I just finished my second year of college. During the fall semester I took 23 credits, which is 8 classes. The most that you are supposed to take in college is 18 credits or six classes. I spent thirty hours a week at school, and that doesn't even include the time I spent studying. I also worked 20-30 hours per week during that time. I still found the time to practice magic for at least an hour a night if not more. If it meant I stayed up until 2:00 am, I did it. There is always time to practice, but sometimes it requires you to make sacrifices.

May 31, 2008
I practice as often as i can:

-When I've finished lunch

-When I'm waiting to get picked up after school

-While watching TV after school

-While waiting for my mom to correct my homework (she's nice;))

-While reading a post on the E/T11 forums

-While watching TV before I go to bed

Add all of that up and I practice about two hours a day.

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
it all comes down to how dedicated you are, and how much you love doing magic. I have a really hectic schedual mainly in the fall, i have cheerleading then. my days were all the same, i went to school all day went to practice after, didnt get home till 630-7pm, then i had to eat shower and do homework and study, i wouldnt finish till 930-10pm at night and i was always wiped out after the day, and i still did magic for at least 1-2hours before i crashed, because i love it, so i make time for it. and if magic is really your thing and you love it and are serious enough about it, you'll make time too. If u say you dont have time, cool, make it.

-Nikki

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results