LONELY sandwich effect

Oct 22, 2008
One of my own sandwich effects I came up with. Please give me some feedback but no harsh ones. Yes I have performed this many times live and it works great ;) ohh and also yes I know my clipshift is a little noisy still, but I'm workin on it!

http://vimeo.com/4672539

-Jake

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Wow, I had the exact same idea, however, how do you justify cutting the deck after disappearing the second king with the clipshift? Wouldn't you just spread through as appose to cutting the deck?

Just some food for thought up there :)

Regards,

-Sanj

Oct 22, 2008
Wow, I had the exact same idea, however, how do you justify cutting the deck after disappearing the second king with the clipshift? Wouldn't you just spread through as appose to cutting the deck?

Just some food for thought up there :)

Regards,

-Sanj

no the way i do it a cut is needed. Unless you wanna do like a classic pass and spread i guess. But thanks for the thoughts man.

-Jake

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Well what you can do is after the second king has vanished. Show the bottom of the pack showing its not there then as you turn the deck back over do a Turnover pass so then you can cleanly spread through the pack as apposed to cutting or passing.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
besides everything that the above guys have told you, I suggest that you do the prep for the clipshift while shaking the hand, dont do the prep and then shake, because it looks fishy, the shaking its supposed to be covering that.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I don't think you should have gone out of the way to show the 4 at the bottom of the deck because people will think you will come back to it, That's what I thought at least.

Alright,
I'm not trying to be too harsh here, but it's not just your clipshift that needs work....

1- Work on holding your breaks with just the flesh of your pinky. Stiking your whole pinky in to the deck creates an unnecessarily large seperation and looks akward and suspicious if your spectator notices it. I got this tip from Aaron Fisher.

2- When you transfer the break to your thumb, make it smaller. If you watch your video you can see a huge break at the back of the deck which gives away what you are doing with the double undercut. Again, just keep it smaller.

3- Like other people said, don't sake so much when you do the clipshift, it is unneeded. You kept shaking even after the king had vanished. What's the point?

4- Again, other people have said it, justify your cut. If the kings have already vanished, your spectator will think that there should be no reason to cut the deck. Also, doing a turnover pass of a classic pass is much easier than a clipshift so why make the trick harder than it has to be? Especially when your clipshift is FAR from perfect.

Note- I noticed all of this the 1st time I watched your video so it's not like I had to study it to find these flaws.

I am not trying to be mean or rude or degrading, you asked for tips and I am just giving you constructive criticism.

UM93

Oct 22, 2008
Alright,
I'm not trying to be too harsh here, but it's not just your clipshift that needs work....

1- Work on holding your breaks with just the flesh of your pinky. Stiking your whole pinky in to the deck creates an unnecessarily large seperation and looks akward and suspicious if your spectator notices it. I got this tip from Aaron Fisher.

2- When you transfer the break to your thumb, make it smaller. If you watch your video you can see a huge break at the back of the deck which gives away what you are doing with the double undercut. Again, just keep it smaller.

3- Like other people said, don't sake so much when you do the clipshift, it is unneeded. You kept shaking even after the king had vanished. What's the point?

4- Again, other people have said it, justify your cut. If the kings have already vanished, your spectator will think that there should be no reason to cut the deck. Also, doing a turnover pass of a classic pass is much easier than a clipshift so why make the trick harder than it has to be? Especially when your clipshift is FAR from perfect.

Note- I noticed all of this the 1st time I watched your video so it's not like I had to study it to find these flaws.

I am not trying to be mean or rude or degrading, you asked for tips and I am just giving you constructive criticism.

UM93

noo it was just fine what u said and i thank you for the critisism.

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
Good job man. nice routine. You're right about your clipshift. I know its been said but no need to show the bottom card before the shift, only if you were to do a color change maybe. But all in all it was a classical looking sandwich effect. By the way jake the snake magic is the funniest username ever! SANDshot coming soon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results