theory11 SNC :: roundtable discussion - Dan Sperry

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Good evening ladies and gentlemens...

Tonight's event will be a roundtable discussion hosted by award-winning stage magician and manipulator Dan Sperry. Last night, we released Dan's latest contribution here at theory11 - his video on the Gypsy Thread. Tonight is your chance to ask the man himself any question that comes to mind on stage magic, performance, manipulation, development of style, working in magic, hair gel supplies and techniques, or anything else that comes to mind.

This will be Sperry's first roundtable discussion here on theory11, with past discussions available to listen in the archive. Limit of three questions per member. All questions must be submitted on or before 10:00pm EST. We will hand pick a select group of questions to be asked in the podcast, which will be posted at 11:00pm EST.

One random member whose question is asked during the podcast will receive a 1-on-1 download of your choice. Looking forward to a great discussion tonight.

UPDATE : Podcast has been posted. Listen to it now in MP3 format at THIS link.

#1. ... How was your birthday?

#2. In you're first One on One video you stated that you use to sit down infront of your TV and practice Card Manipulation into a big bowl. My question is, who was your favorite wrestler?

#3. What's been your greatest achivement in life, so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2008
How did you come up with your unique stage "character." Also do you do something to get yourself into that "character"? i.e. Eating a cute puppy...

Sep 2, 2007
what ever happened to that nipple matrix? (You had a video of it on here before you were an artist) Has it advanced any?

2: what is your faveorite effect of ALL TIME!?

3: how do you get your hair up like that?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
1. It's extremely evident from your performance style that you love to keep the audience involved and interested. What techniques do you use to actively involve the audience and keep them interested?

2. What or who has influenced your unique performing style? Why?

3. What do you want your audience to remember after you perform a show?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Who was your inspiration or hero in magic?

How would you describe your character in magic?

How did you get started in magic? and Why?

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
What do you see as wrong with the magic industry? and what advice would you give to those starting out in magic?

Oct 22, 2008
So, magicians each have a different style or type of magic they perform. Weather it is close up, cards, coins, and for you, mostly stage. I have performed a couple performances on stage before and, there is always a feeling. I can't really explain it but it is right as I go on and it is good and nervous at the same time. This motivates me to keep going up on stage and trying to get that feeling of accileration again. Knowing you as such an awesome stage performer that I look up to, I was wondering what inspires you to get back up on stage and do another performance?

Also, always watching your magic I noticed that you have an interesting performance. The way you dress, the way your movements are compared to alot of other magicians. I find it very clever. What helped you to come up with your "character" on stage, Or should I say the way you perform?

-Jake

tell us about your biggest turning point/revelation in magic where it changed you style and everything you did
Does your wife/fiance know any magic?
what is your favorite theory11 effect?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Why did you choose to put on the persona you use on stage? For example why arent you wearing a frilly little dress.

What made you make the decision for stage magic?

Who inspired you to perfom the magic you do now and magic in general.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results