theory11 SNC :: roundtable discussion - Dan Sperry

Jan 15, 2008
1. A lot of magicians (especially close up) look down at stage magic, what is your view on stage magic? and why do you think other magicians have such a harsh opinion on stage magic?

2. How do you deal with angles in such a big environment? like on a stage?

3. Connecting with the audience is important. How do you try to "connect" with your audience on stage during performance?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Hey Dan,

If you could work/study alongside another magician, whom you don't already, who would it be?

If you think back five years, did you think that you would be doing what you are doing now, and where do you see yourself in five more years?

What was your first serious (non-magic) job?

justin

Dec 13, 2008
1. In Magic Magazine, you said that you guess you can say that your first show was a failure. What gave you the confidence to continue performing magic?

2. Your love for magic and music helped you develop your “theme” that you perform with today. What made you decide that from now you were going to have a punk-rock type of persona?

3. I am 14 years old and I am starting to get into local magic competitions and go to more magic conventions. What is some advice that you can give everyone who is in the position I am in right now?

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Dan, could you send me one free deck of silly rabbit custom playing cards when they are released (serious question)?

Last question: any idea when they will be released?

Jul 1, 2008
Romania
did your family supported and helped you when you were started doing magic?
2.What kind of wax do you use for your hair? :D

Nov 23, 2008
Don't you get tired of these magicians that keep releasing classic plots as video downloads?

Why do modern magicians seem to need an archive of at least 10 ways to reveal a card with some goofy gizmo?

Did you see those videos of "Pressure" being performed over a decade ago? And do you agree that no one released it because it's a silly gag most walked away from?

u wanted a fewquestions, so here are a few random ones :p

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

If 75% of all accidents happen within 5 miles of home, why not move 10 miles away?

If a criminal turns himself in shouldn’t he get the reward money?

and finally, my personal favorite,

What would happen if everyone was to flush their toilet at the same time?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
1. How do you think your outlook as changed the way your audience sees you?
2. If you could meet one magician regardless of the limits of time, place, money, and language, who would it be and why?
3.What were the major points that affected your magic career?

May 31, 2008
Don't you get tired of these magicians that keep releasing classic plots as video downloads?

Why do modern magicians seem to need an archive of at least 10 ways to reveal a card with some goofy gizmo?

Did you see those videos of "Pressure" being performed over a decade ago? And do you agree that no one released it because it's a silly gag most walked away from?

You're totally going to win.

On your third question:

With the right presentation and misdirection, Pressure is a very good effect.

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
I just like to say that I've been a fan for a little over a year where I seen you perform your version of Sean Field's SAW and it was awesome. The only question I have is what inspired you to do stage magic over close-up or street as a career? Also one more, who gave you your first shot and why'd do you think they gave it to you?

Cliff

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
1. Why is it that we park on driveways but drive on parkways?
2. Pokemon, can you catch 'em all?
3. What inspired you to do magic or to come up with your effects?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results