Go.Out.Perform.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I remember when I first started magic. If I messed up, it would kill my entire day.
-Doug

Jesus, I really know that feeling! I was doing the impromptu version of "strange travelers" the other day, and the espectator thinked of a dupe that I forgot to take out of the deck, bottom line its, when they checked the packet to see if the card was there, they saw the dupe, then they saw the same card in the packet that they had in their hands and there it was.... jesus, I wanted to cry.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
BTW, I know that most of you guys out there just read the thread and just dont comment or something, I just wanna know if the videos and the debriefing it's actually of use to some of you, I mean, if you guys doesnt see necesary to be posting videos, i'll stop posting them =). So have you guys at least found this useful? please at least answer that question. Thanks. =)

May 3, 2008
I definitely find these videos and briefs useful. There are lots to be learned from people's thoughts on their successes and mistakes. I don't post any videos though simply because I never go out just to perform to be filmed. I perform when people ask to see something; I never go up to people.

I like watching the videos on here and reading the comments and suggestions people give. I don't post myself because if I want something filmed, I have to have the spectator film it, which does not get the best angles. I don't have any magic friends, really sucks.

But I have been following this thread for a while, and if the day ever comes I get a good video out of a routine I will be sure to post.

Jun 2, 2008
I like the idea! it is just sad to see too many webcam performances rather than live ones... we would actually learn a lot more if we saw other members perfoming live, we can't learn anything if we just see them performing fot the computer.:(

i get what your saying but most likely over half of the people on here or magicians in general that are present on the web are just kids and like me it can sometimes be quite hard at a young age to go out a perform. And sometimes alot of us dont really have anywhere to go and especially where i live if i went out to town on my own to perform magic ide be quite scared due to all the stabbings on the news latley so basicly while alot of us are young it is quite hard to do that. Alot of youtube magicians also get alot of stick for not showing there face but although i dont feel as strong about this myself i dont really blame people for not wanting to show their face to strangers especially as kids.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
I'm finding them really useful myself, also really enjoyable to watch people grow and improve. I made 2 more magic friends only in the past month or so (of whom i've been seing around the city centre doing freerunning, and of whom saw me doing magic, we became good friends). So for beginners, it really gives them morale and confidence knowing other people are going out there, swinging it, and messing up too. That is not to say the focus on these things is watching people mess up, but the fact that theres people behind you backing you up, taking their performances seriously, and most importantly going about the right direction (i hope) in doing it.

Once it gets into mid June, oh man it's going to be crazy. Til then, you wont be seeing much of my vids.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
i get what your saying but most likely over half of the people on here or magicians in general that are present on the web are just kids and like me it can sometimes be quite hard at a young age to go out a perform. And sometimes alot of us dont really have anywhere to go and especially where i live if i went out to town on my own to perform magic ide be quite scared due to all the stabbings on the news latley so basicly while alot of us are young it is quite hard to do that. Alot of youtube magicians also get alot of stick for not showing there face but although i dont feel as strong about this myself i dont really blame people for not wanting to show their face to strangers especially as kids.

I know, I understand, also, the point of this thread ( I hope you have read it all :D) it's to see other peope perform and see what its working and what its not, that's its why it's important that you guys actually participate in here, if you can't participate submitting a video or something, at least it's a good idea to throw your own ideas and opinions here, so that we all can grow out of them..

Im looking forward to your vids Shakutau =)

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
All you really have to do is say to yourself "Whats the worse that could happen?"

You screw a mentalist/card/coin/sponge/whatever effect? So what, most people will generally completely forget about it and it's not going to affect your life or end it.

Yeah because i have done a trick before and then 15 minutes later they forget about it... or did they because they always ask for more... YOu know i dont know about you guys but i like being the only one in my school that likes magic... or atleast have enough courage to present... Not being cocky just saying that it is cool to hear someone say " Blake do a magic trick!" Its fun to perform... SO PERFORM, NOT JUST ON YOUTUBE!!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
BTW, I know that most of you guys out there just read the thread and just dont comment or something, I just wanna know if the videos and the debriefing it's actually of use to some of you, I mean, if you guys doesnt see necesary to be posting videos, i'll stop posting them =). So have you guys at least found this useful? please at least answer that question. Thanks. =)

Yeah man,
Just because I don't post in this thread doesn't mean I'm not finding it useful.
Continue, I'm sure many others think it's useful too.

True, mostly every one that goes on this site, E and others are very young, especially on youtube. I do understand that you all can not for some reasons go out and perform, but the thing I dislike most is when I guess you can call them magicians just do magic infront of the web cam all the time.

-T.J.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

Very useful, let's keep this thread alive.

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
I was wondering, if I am out filming, how come some people don't want to be on camera? What's the big deal? Anyone else ever get this problem?

just personal preference , i suppose. just like when i was part of my school play, i preferred to be behind the scenes rather than on stage.
some people just don't like it.
but yes, i get that a lot. and i just respect their wishes and move on.

oh,dudes this gop should be some kind of underground alliance between magicians .so never let anyone else know about it .
Muhahaha,I am evil.

Nah, i was just jk ...I think so...

Some of you should try to get rid of this fear of being in the middle of action ,if anyone needs help about it,contact me ,it is just that simple : you go and do it ,be filmed doing it ,what`s the matter?

Actually this fear is the fear of being embarrassed ,and many of us have this fear ,some less than others ,I don`t really have it ,I mean ,it is not big deal if in one of the dozens performances you drop the cards or something like that and the people laugh at you. Big Deal ,what is the problem? they laugh today,tomorrow they forget.

So,again,contact me if you need any support,or advices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
To some people its just wierd to be filmed in the middle of being on the town while their out doing their business.

We are interrumpting them anyway.

Its jut mater of how you present yourself, If you ask them politely while smiling, they will have a hard time saying no.

Its also a good idea to evaluate the people we would like to perform to BEFORE we approach them,try to see if they are friendly, who is the leader, or if they are a open nice group of people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results