The Master Levitation System by Steve Fearson

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
THE MASTER LEVITATION SYSTEM BY STEVE Fearson

Effect: This complete package of wonders includes a 2-hour detailed DVD, two different kinds of invisible thread (Master Thread and Kevlar Thread), Master Wax, and a full package of floatable gimmicks... all packaged in a nice black box. This whole package is devoted to one thing: Steve Fearson's classic, famous thread hook-up that changed thread work forever. With this kit, he's brought it back.

Review: You've seen the advertisements. You've seen the hype. You've seen the controversy. Now, see the review.

Steve Fearson released this kit, known as the Master Levitation System, in response to a Yigal Mesika product released this year as well, for which Mesika allegedly ripped off Fearson's Hookup and used it without permission. After hearing this, one may argue that this sounds like a poorly done, rushed project. I can assure you that it is not. Steve's kit is well worth your time and money.

The kit includes thread, wax, floatable gimmicks, and the special 2-hour DVD teaching EVERYTHING you need to know and much more, in great detail. The DVD alone would be worth the price. On it, Steve goes over how to get started with the thread, preparing an object for levitation, how to use his hookup, thread storage methods, the details of the hookup, his full cigarette routine, additional thread moves, handlings, very cool effects, special tips, other sources, and even other brand new hookups! This is a full package, that is for sure.

Be forewarned... if you've never used thread before, or have little experience with it, some of the material on this DVD will be quite a challenged. The material, in general, is aimed at more experience thread workers. But, never fear! Steve's got you covered... he demonstrates, describes, and teaches everything is clear, concise detail and leaves no stone unturned. Steve really went all out for this.

Also included is his famous, visually stunning Area 51 routine. In case you are not familiar with Area 51, it is a super cool routine in which an glowing alien ectoplasmic object goes insane, attacking the magician. When he finally gets it under control, he levitates it around his body, toward the ground, high into the air, and even into his mouth. Afterwards, he carries the alien object downstairs, out the front door, and finally tosses it up into the sky where it soars higher and higher before disappearing completely into the night sky.

This is more or less an exercise in creativity than a practical routine. While viewers will appreciate the first phase (the ectoplasm going wild) and the third phase (the ectoplasm soaring thousands of feet into the night sky), I am willing to bet that no one will use them. The second phase, however, is an evolved version of Steve's floating cigarette and it looks super-cool. This is best performed in the dark for many reasons, the most important being the fact that the levitating object is a green, glowing "alien life form", and you require darkness to get the full glowing effect. Nonetheless, this is a great bonus and a clever, creative routine that may even serve as inspiration for other magicians.

My only complaint with the set at this point in time is simply the Wax. My wish would be that more of the Master Wax was included with the kit, but you only get a small thin square. Fortunately, Steve sells the wax at a low price on his website as a single item (he also sells all of the other items included in the kit, for replacements).

Overall, if you are at all into thread work, this is well worth your attention. You need this set. It's detailed, thorough, and the hookup itself is practical, workable, and one of the most significant advancements in thread work ever. To see the new and improved Fearson Hookup and a ton of awesome effects with which to use it, get this now. You'll be very glad you did... at a price of a mere $40 for the entire kit, this is a deal you can't pass up.

Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System gets a super-solid 9/10 for me. Awesome work.

You can purchase The Master Levitation System at the link below.

http://emagicsupply.com/112-masterlevitation-64-custom.html

Michael Kras

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Steve Fearson released this kit, known as the Master Levitation System, in response to a Yigal Mesika product released this year as well, for which Mesika allegedly ripped off Fearson's Hookup and used it without permission. After hearing this, one may argue that this sounds like a poorly done, rushed project. I can assure you that it is not. Steve's kit is well worth your time and money.

I would have to disagree with this comment. I highly doubt that Steve would make a 2 hour dvd just to challenge Yigal. Actually, I would bet that he didn't even know that Yigal Mesika had even created the Tarantula when he was making this dvd.

If Fearson really wanted to attack Yigal, he would just simply send him an e-mail or maybe even sue him. But he wouldn't make a whole dvd for it.

The reason he made this dvd was to teach people about invisible thread and how they can improve their levitations. Not to challenge another fellow magician.

Apr 22, 2009
you can find area 51 trick on yotube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYyIQN04zXI&feature=channel_page

(it starts with his floating cig routine then goes to the floating light)

Also, I'd like to say that this is a great review dude!! You covered questions that a lot of people may be asking about this. I wish I had this review before getting it, because I just had to hope it would be good, gladly it was!!! About the wax, if you go to an orthodontist, they usually have wax containers on the check in counters. The wax is really soft and I personally like it better than the master wax. But hey, whatever floats yer boat. Also, he doesn't teach how to perform haunted deck, which I was not happy about. But I found an easy way to do it with the hookup on a borrowed deck, so if you have this message me here or on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkEfferent and I can tell you how.

D

Deleted member 2755

Would you recommend buying invisible thread with this DVD? I know some is included, but would it last me a long time?

-Doug

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
It should last you a good amount of time with casual use... of course the thread can be reused and stored (which is all covered on the DVD)... if you feel like you're going to be using this constantly, than you could definitely buy extra thread. But the kit includes, I believe, 10 feet of Master Thread and 10 Feet of Kevlar Thread.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
He teaches you how to strip thread from wooly nylon. Just get a spool of it from a fabric store for like $5 and it'll last you a life time.

I have question: Is the master thread the same as wooly nylon thread?

Jul 13, 2014
I would have to disagree with this comment. I highly doubt that Steve would make a 2 hour dvd just to challenge Yigal. Actually, I would bet that he didn't even know that Yigal Mesika had even created the Tarantula when he was making this dvd.

If Fearson really wanted to attack Yigal, he would just simply send him an e-mail or maybe even sue him. But he wouldn't make a whole dvd for it.

The reason he made this dvd was to teach people about invisible thread and how they can improve their levitations. Not to challenge another fellow magician.
This makes absolutely no sense. In the tarantula DVD Yigal thanks Fearson for selling him the publish rights for the hookup. Anyway wasn't tarantula released in 2009?

Oct 9, 2014

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results