Not Impressed? I need some advice.

Jun 5, 2008
Oregon
So i was at my brother in laws house last night watching the UFC paper view fights, he had a buddy and his girlfriend over as well. After the fights my brother in law begged to do some magic for his guests. So i did. I decided to perform mainly on the guy because he seemed a little more interested. The performance went smooth except for one thing, his girlfriend seemed to act not very intertained. she had an atitude the whole time. saying stuff like (Well ...Well... that was ok but...., and that would only be impresive if....) kinds of things. Do you have any advice for me please. Any help is Welcome. Thank you.

May 3, 2008
I've encounted these types of people before. I call them zombie hecklers. Just do things that have a kicker ending and that shoudl help

Jan 13, 2008
Sounds like you should have involved her in an effect...Gator Boots, perhaps? ;)

Dec 14, 2007
I replied from my blackberry - I did not know if the 'joke' would play given the quoting feature here.

I thought it was funny.

Brad

I am going to agree with holo. Sometimes people just have other things on their minds and can't be involved in your magic. Perhaps she wanted more of his attention. A few things make me believe this: she is at her boyfriend's friend's house watching a UFC fight that she is prolly not into, she is the only girl in a room full of boys that she does not know, and the only one she is close to is not paying attention to her and probably has not been all night. I don't see this as a "you" problem, more a matter of her trying to down your performance to make her boyfriend uninterested in you and more interested in her. Don't let it get to you.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
So i was at my brother in laws house last night watching the UFC Pay Per view fights, he had a buddy and his girlfriend over as well. After the fights my brother in law begged to do some magic for his guests. So i did. I decided to perform mainly on the guy because he seemed a little more interested. The performance went smooth except for one thing, his girlfriend seemed to act not very intertained. she had an atitude the whole time. saying stuff like (Well ...Well... that was ok but...., and that would only be impresive if....) kinds of things. Do you have any advice for me please. Any help is Welcome. Thank you.

I say listen to these people. (and for the love of learn to use a spell check function pleeeese. Fire Fox has one for a reason. Why has the internet created so many illiterate magicians?) She might not have liked magic. She might not have been directly involved. However, I would listen to her criticisms. Perhaps the fault lies in yer presentations, or lack thereof.

Sep 1, 2007
I replied from my blackberry - I did not know if the 'joke' would play given the quoting feature here.

I thought it was funny.

Brad

I almost deleted the post because I knew someone would respond with that joke. Then I just said "screw it" and posted it anyway to see how long it would take.

Next time directly engage her in an effect. And then blow her mind. Perhaps your performance/presentation wasn't up to par.

Mitch
that could be the problem but i wouldn listen to hear without letting her know it...if she says something like that would be hot if you can make that appear in my hand...go home and try to see if you can do that...even if you can't...try it...sometimes...specs can be a bit of help....but for the most part...she's the one that you should do do yoru best effects on...when she says thats ok...agree with her...say things like...yeah...i don't like that myself and do your hottest effect...blow her mind...

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
Then blow her mind

that was very funny.

not even one likes magic, mostly because of the trick aspect. she expected it not to be as good as u did and now she feels stupid because she cant figure it out, thats why she will say something like "it could of been better". also peole can feel u are showing off

u should explain to her to just enjoy it and that u are not trying to show off u got asked to do magic. its worked for me once before.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results