theory11 bulletin : Four Final Images Before Release

Sep 1, 2007
The second picture looks a lot like a cut from an old video by Josh Sadowsky. The last picture is a triangle. I think I remember a Magic Broadcast where Dan and Dave were on there and mentioned doing a triangle flourish by Joey Burton. Maybe this has something to do with these 'underground' flourishers/magicians that we never see but hear are really good.

JB said it comes from more than one source, and that it goes back decades. These guys were the ones who (at least the way I hear) helped start doing these flourish moves. Makes sense that it could be something like this. It would be cool if it was.

Or maybe not. Just throwing out ideas... :)

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
It is going to be a Black stripped back Bee deck. And the preview for it will include the buck twins and Andrei Jihk. I saw on Teh Jihksters Myspace him holding the deck and he was wearing same shirt as in the final photo here.

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
I think it's a deck, cause in all the photos the backs are blacked out/ not shown.
But! it's a bee deck (ace of spades is bee) with blood red cards, and no yellow or blue, only blood red, like props, and cents.
awesome bee back design?

Aug 31, 2007
Well, they look a lot like Dave Buck's hands. He always has a watch on his left arm. Maybe a new deck, seeing how they don't show the backs of the cards. Why the hype? :(

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
The second picture looks a lot like a cut from an old video by Josh Sadowsky. The last picture is a triangle. I think I remember a Magic Broadcast where Dan and Dave were on there and mentioned doing a triangle flourish by Joey Burton. Maybe this has something to do with these 'underground' flourishers/magicians that we never see but hear are really good.

When I saw that triangle I thought Joey Burton as well. Joey Burton released and effect ages ago in Trapdoor Magazine utilizing a triangle flourish to produce a card. So perhaps it is the mysterious Mr. Burton.....

Either that or its Andrei.

Feb 15, 2008
I think it's a deck, cause in all the photos the backs are blacked out/ not shown.
But! it's a bee deck (ace of spades is bee) with blood red cards, and no yellow or blue, only blood red, like props, and cents.
awesome bee back design?

Well some bee decks (eg bumble bees, Wynns) have dark security ink, similar to T11 decks

Jan 4, 2008
Buck twins are part of it for sure.

***Also, look at the King of Clubs in the second pic. The color design resembles smoke & mirrors.

gerald

Aug 31, 2007
Actually no, the court cards in Smoke and Mirrors are more simplified and are very vibrant in color. The King in the second pic has a deeper red and gray like the court cards in Theory 11 decks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results