Double Lift

Yes you're right they are get readies but I'm talking about get ready and actual DL here. techinically you can use a diving board DL get ready and then just turn it over normally. Sorry should've been more specific.

So favorite DL and Favorite get ready

Jul 14, 2008
Personally, I use the natural double lift for all my card magic. However, my favourite and fun to do is the Molecule 4 double lift.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
When I say a "natural" dl, I'm talking about one that is natural to you. I always say, make your singles look like doubles, not your doubles look like singles. That way, you will have consistency and a more natural dl.

Mar 12, 2009
I use the strike double. That's what you guys all mean by the "natural" double lift.
You simply go to the deck, with no break, and bevel the cards slightly. You strike your finger on the edge and flip over two.

In my opinion, if you want to be considered "smooth" with cards, then you need to get down a double lift that doesn't use any get-readies.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
In my opinion, if you want to be considered "smooth" with cards, then you need to get down a double lift that doesn't use any get-readies.

not necessarily. in some of their videos you can see world class magicians such as akira fujii and david williamson using get readys for their double lifts.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I use the strike double. That's what you guys all mean by the "natural" double lift.
You simply go to the deck, with no break, and bevel the cards slightly. You strike your finger on the edge and flip over two.

The technique behind the double does not make it anymore nattual.

And why is that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results