Election :: Eric Ross :: Live Performance

Nov 10, 2007
www.Papercranemagic.com
Eric Ross:
There are many great card effects on the market some that are hard hitting but not practical in the real world, and some that are practical but not hard hitting, This is where Election comes in, this effect is both very practical and very hard hitting.
Election​

Live Performance :: MagicMan1212 :: http://vimeo.com/4993387

Method:
Like all Papercrane products the method is fantastic. You technically end clean on this effect as the spectator can spread through the deck themselves, they will not find anything funky.

Gimmick:
This really is not a gimmick but it is a good one if you want to call it that.

Set-up:
I performed this effect a few times tonight and the set-up takes about 20 seconds, no problem here.

Teaching:
The teaching is fantastic Eric goes through everything and anything you need to know.

Quality:
The quality of the video is great, nothing wrong here.

Bonus:
This effect comes with 3 bonus effects all of which are fantastic I am not going to review these but here is a description of those effects:

Twisted-
A great routine by itself but a better closer. Instead of a standard effect where a finger ring disappears, you make your finger disappear. It gets better... in a flash your vanished finger visually penetrates a solid finger ring

Sucker- Visual, visual, visual. Bitten and restored sucker. You'll love the method to this one. It will be your favorite part of the effect.

Distorted- Eric's take on the card through bill illusion. This one is visual and impromptu.

Quick review:
Each one of these 3 effects is very practical, Twisted and sucker involve a gimmick, but distorted is 100% ungimmicked and set-up free. I like distorted the best.

Overall Rating:
I believe this download must get a rating of 9/10 because of how hard hitting and practical all the effects are.

How much - $9.95

Direct link - http://papercranemagic.com/election.htm

Buy it- You will not be disappointed

Please do not hesitate to ask questions:
- Donald​

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Haha Great job. I think there is only one downfall to the effect though. ITs not in the method, But when they spread i think alot of people dont really know how to do it and cutting the pack sometimes is a bit confusing. But overall i really like this effect.

OK one thing I have to say about this review. WTF. I have to give it to you you created a revolutionary idea and you didn't even know about I'm sure. Live performances with reviews. First Election is a flawless reputation maker no doubt get it, learn it. Your video was very good and no argument the presentation was good as well.

I see the idea of live performance with review as an act as, " I studied, practiced, performed the effect so now I have a leg to stand on", blows my mind. Nice job we need more of this.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Not a bad review
But its only an okay trick in my idea.
It would work if you build it up really well but I rather perform something else.
Your performance was pretty flawless yet the reactions were still on the weak side
"good job....":
"thanks man..."
not the best reactions...
1 thing to suggest though, use more contrasting decks. Some people take for ever to seperate two decks, by then the effect would have faded.

Nov 10, 2007
Can you spread through the decks before or after the trick to show that all of the cards are different? Thanks for the review.

You can spread after the trick there is no reason for you to spread before the trick.

SHANE BLACK - Thank you very much for your comment I really appreciate that.

Mini Magician - As long as you follow them through waht they are supposed to do you are fine.

Sciffydof - How could you say this effect is not hard-hitting?
Behind 2 spectators back they pick 2 RANDOM cards
Then they show to be the same card.
Not only that then they can turn over those cards to see that their card is from a different pack.
Its unbelievable stuff for both magicians and spectators.

Chris Wiehl - We were having so much fun that night we just wanted to chase people, example of our awesomness last night, we did a signed card thru window and we were chased down by a group of kids.

Rmana - Thank you.

Anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask:
- Donald

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
You can spread after the trick there is no reason for you to spread before the trick.

Not only that then they can turn over those cards to see that their card is from a different pack.

You can rate an effect by the reactions it gets and what Sciffidof is trying to say is that the reactions were not great but rather "ok", so the trick itself sjouldnt be considered hard-hitting but "ok" (based on the reactions on the vid )

George

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.

You can rate an effect by the reactions it gets and what Sciffidof is trying to say is that the reactions were not great but rather "ok", so the trick itself sjouldnt be considered hard-hitting but "ok" (based on the reactions on the vid )

George

I disagree with that way of judging an effect, I've seen mediocre effects get great reactions because of the people it's done for, the performance didn't make it, it's just the people really enjoyed magic in that case, and not everyone finds magic as enjoyable as others. It all depends on the audience.

Nov 10, 2007
I disagree with that way of judging an effect, I've seen mediocre effects get great reactions because of the people it's done for, the performance didn't make it, it's just the people really enjoyed magic in that case, and not everyone finds magic as enjoyable as others. It all depends on the audience.

Like sciffydof is saying, this effect hit very hard for that couple considering they more of a rather shy couple and were skeptical of seeing the effect. Another couple I did this for actually went around the place I was doing magic to find me again, because they wanted to tell me one more time how amazing of a trick it was, they then told me that was all they talked about at the table that were sitting at in a restaurant, if that it is not hard-hitting I don't know what is.
- Donald

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Actually Sciffydof is saying that it's not a strong effect due to the reactions being weak. I'm saying that it's not the tricks fault for getting ok reactions.

Apr 7, 2009
I noticed there was a bicycle fan backed card right above the 4 of spades, when the girl was spreading through her deck... i'm guessing that was a mistake?

Nov 10, 2007
I noticed there was a bicycle fan backed card right above the 4 of spades, when the girl was spreading through her deck... i'm guessing that was a mistake?

WOW, I would have never noticed that, in all honesty that has nothing to do with the trick and was just a mistake.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
i am not saying that it should have better reactions i just tried to clear things up because when Sciffydof said that he finds it okay you replied using the description of the trick which i believe is only one of many factors that make an effect hard hitting . My previous post was just my way to say that factors like performance or the spectator's mood etc may reduce/increase the effectiveness of an effect .

P.S.I am aware that my previous post wasnt very clear and i apolgize for that by i was distractes with sth else while typing at that time

George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results