Which Deck of Cards Should I Buy?

Jun 4, 2009
I was looking through the decks, is it worth buying a really good deck like the stinger?

Jun 4, 2009
So you think it is worth getting one of the special decks, and not just a regular old bicycle?

P8NTBALLDADDY

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2008
San Antonio, TX
You should go with the Upper Deck cards I mean Topps are nice but old school. If you really like cards though at least get 1 pack of Donruss and Fleer see what you think of those. Or you could search the post and read one of many reviews. Seriously go with any T11 deck or with BBM Karnivals. My personal favorites are the Bicycle Tsunami decks.

Jun 4, 2009
Ok, Im kinda new to magic, so what products do you think would be best for me?

Mar 14, 2008
I prefer Arrco U.S. Regulations or Tally Ho's, but good old Bicycles aren't half bad, either.

Mar 2, 2008
I say buy just regular bikes.

But if you really want a custom deck... Go with centurions.

P8NTBALLDADDY

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ok, thanks

If your new go with your casic rider back Bicycles. You can get them at almost any chain store. They handle well and are not to pricey being that this is new for you you will start out dropping your cards a lot and messing them up trying to perfect your skills. Keep reading the forums on different cards that you like and see what people think while your learning. Above all things STAY AWAY FROM THE TRAGIC ROYALTY deck they are sweet looking but are the worst thing around.

Jun 4, 2009
Okay, Thanks, so you think I should just pick up a standard deck of cards from wal-mart?

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Your choice, really. If you are just starting, I'd say go with standard bikes. They cost less and work great. That way, if you don't stick with it, you'll not regret paying extra for something you won't continue.

If you wanna jump into custom decks and pay extra for the quality, go with whatever you like at first. If you're just starting, the only thing you'll really notice different is how long they last and how thick they are.

If you wanna try a bunch of decks, I'd say pick 2 or 3 from here and get the 6 deck sample pack from ellusionist. With that, you'll get a good feel of most of the custom decks that people like using and you can decide for yourself which you like best.

If you ask about a specific deck, there will be a lot of bias in what people say, because everybody has different preferences. Some people hate ellusionist decks while others swear by them. Others couldn't care less. Everything comes down to preference.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
You can always be cool and get a deck of Jerrys.

EDIT: This is not my auction. However this guy has a supply of them and he's doing Buy It Now so I figured all you Jerry fanatics that might read this thread would be interested.

Dec 11, 2008
Good decks...

I have always prefered to go with the decks that legends used...I watch old clips of Dai Vernon...erdnase...Elmsley...Ammar...Malone...daryl...and they pretty much all use good old fashion Bicycle...Costco sells a 12 pack for 13 bucks and some change...6 red 6 blue. Granted there may be some improvements in the feel of the cards created by these Split Spades, Propaganda, Centurion decks, but I felt it always safe to stick to decks of cards everybody in the entire world is familiar with.

Jun 4, 2009
Ok, well thanks, I found a old deck of cards laying around the house so I have been using that, any recommended tricks, I have learned the backpalm, and I really like that one. If you like to suggest anything I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Ok, well thanks, I found a old deck of cards laying around the house so I have been using that, any recommended tricks, I have learned the backpalm, and I really like that one. If you like to suggest anything I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Royal Road to Card Magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results