Card Magic?

Jun 4, 2009
I decided that I like card magic more than any other type, what tricks should I look into? I have learned the backpalm, and I have enjoyed that trick, so what books/movies/tricks do you recommend?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I would suggest you get into Royal Road to Card Magic. It'll teach you all the basic of card magic that everyone should know.

After that, well it's a matter of watching video after video and deciding what you see yourself doing the most!

G

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Yea, sorry, forgot to mention it's a book ;)

You can also look into one of Ellusionists beginner dvd's, they have aot of good information on card magic, and Brad is an excellent teacher.

G

Sep 1, 2007
Yea, sorry, forgot to mention it's a book ;)

You can also look into one of Ellusionists beginner dvd's, they have aot of good information on card magic, and Brad is an excellent teacher.

G

Hugard & Braue > Brad Christian

Seriously, if you want to learn properly then stay away from that guy. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

First study Royal Road and then maybe move into the Expert Card Technique. Both books are by Hugard & Braue.

Sep 20, 2008
i'd say it depends. Royal road can be quite overwhelming and can be off putting(as ive found with Bobo's modern coin magic.)

Depends on him, but i'd be more than happy to learn a few tidbits from Brad if im only starting this as a carefree hobby.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
Definitely go get The Royal Road to Card Magic, I see you've already ordered the book, that's great. It's also a DVD, just in case you're more of a visual learner.
Also, Born to Perform Card Magic by Oz Pearlman's a great DVD for beginners. He goes over some false cuts/shuffles, controls, forces, and goes over a few simple tricks such as the Biddle Trick and an ACR.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results