Anyone over 18 near the Toronto Area?

Jun 8, 2008
Hey guys I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this here, but I would really love to meet and jam with some other magicians. I think it would really help me, I only have one person to show new tricks and things im working on but she doesn't know what im doing and doesn't really help much hehe.

If there is anyone in the same boat as me Id love to hear from you.

Sep 1, 2007
Hey Gambit_x, there's a magic club meet at the Browser's Den in Toronto tomorrow between 2:30 and 4:30pm. I'm sure there will be people there to help you out as long as you attempt to show them what you're working on. Just do a search on the web and you'll find it.

Jan 19, 2008
Well you could go to browsers but tomorow (Saturday 6 June) Morrissey Magic is celebrating their 50th anniversary. There will be a party ALL DAY and 2 magic shows close up and stage. Some people going to be there are Jason Palter, Peter Lourghan, Dave Maurry (that super funny guy) and tons more! Also no tax all day free stuff will be given away. In the back room there will be a jam session all day with some people (wont say here) that are very skilled...VERY skilled. You just have to show up to find out who. Also word is a FIRST EDITION Black Ghost Deck and uncut sheets of cards will be given away! Heres the sight www.morrisseymagic.com This only comes once a year and this year is special (50 years in bussniess) il be there will you?

Feb 28, 2008
I was at morrisey's a few days ago and noticed the uncut sheets just laying around, but no one told me about the big anniversary thing going on.

I personally like the Kind of Magic shop in Waterloo most as Phil and the guys there are really helpful and friendly.

I know there was a big jam in the Eaton Centre a few weeks ago.

Morriseys magic I personally lack the professionalism and keeping thing clean and organized. Also, when I was a younger magician, I had trouble finding what I was looking for and asked for assistance and the main man was kind of a dink. So personally I don't like the store and prefer Browsers Den over Morriseys. Plus you get to see Lee Asher sometimes at the Anniversary's which is always a plus.

Anyways, I live in Peterborough about 2 hours away from Toronto. Give me a PM if you want.

-Joey

Yeah should of cleared that up. He was at Browsers not last but year before. I didn't have the balls to talk with him. But I got to chat with a very talented coin magician, 'Brian Roberts." Very good with coins, and has a lot of good theories in his Coin Operation book. I got it personally from him so I have no idea where you could get it. Ask Lee Asher, he might know lol.

-Joey

Man I met that guy at the coffee place right across from Browsers Den. He came up and asked me if I wanted to see a trick. He did a good trick but it could of been better if he didn't bring a stooge for the second deck.
Anyways, that guy was kind of a dick. I hate to say it but he was. I do admit that he does have skill but I hate his personality.
Besides that, I got a chance to talk with Merlin. Man what a guy Merlin is, so much intelligence about magic and the passion he has was very rewarding to witness. While talking with Merlin, Mr. Castro was giving me hand signals gesturing not to listen to him and that he was wrong, blah blah blah. It was really rude and kinda pissed me off. I don't know, I just don't have a lot of respect for him.

Sep 9, 2007
yeah. personally, i never understood the appeal of linking rings until I saw Merlin perform them. I was in complete awe.

Jan 19, 2008
Man I met that guy at the coffee place right across from Browsers Den. He came up and asked me if I wanted to see a trick. He did a good trick but it could of been better if he didn't bring a stooge for the second deck.
Anyways, that guy was kind of a dick. I hate to say it but he was. I do admit that he does have skill but I hate his personality.
Besides that, I got a chance to talk with Merlin. Man what a guy Merlin is, so much intelligence about magic and the passion he has was very rewarding to witness. While talking with Merlin, Mr. Castro was giving me hand signals gesturing not to listen to him and that he was wrong, blah blah blah. It was really rude and kinda pissed me off. I don't know, I just don't have a lot of respect for him.

Hmm yea he can be like that. Also Merlin said some stuff about him before. Did you see Luizs act?

Sep 9, 2007
Did you see Luizs act?

yeah. I've seen him do better. he seemed nervous. Which is a surprise because he usually comes across as a cocky (four letter expletive)

also, I forgot to mention to everyone, I tried out Lee's new cards - he had a proof deck on him.

Noter: Anything I wasn't a fan of is a matter of personal preference. They certainly seem like a high quality deck to me, but I'm used to Bikes/Tallys so they would take some getting used to.

- They were ok. They felt different.
- I didn't really like them, but I can see how other people would. I, for some strange reason, like cards on the stiffer side. They were very flexible, but also very elastic so they didn't warp.
- The backs look much nice in person that they do on the site. Very Elegant, the colours are nice too.
- The finish feels is a little too smooth and plasticy for my liking. Again, something I'm sure a lot of people would like. I have really dry hands and had a hard time handling them since there was very little friction/grip.
- Overall, a good deck, but not a deck that I'd like. I'd really need some time to get used to it.

Sep 9, 2007
Lees cards are stiff. They are very high quality and will take some time to get used to but is a very high end deck!

I didn't find them to be very stiff (at least not as much as I like). Maybe because they were worked in a bit - they were warm - Lee usually had the deck in his hands when it wasn't out.

I wouldn't say they were flimsy though - they just seemed like there was a bit more flex to them. and they didn't warp, they were very elastic/springy if that makes sense. But I didn't find them to be as stiff, or as "papery" as I like.

It'll definitely take some time to get used to his deck, and I can honestly say I haven't handled something quite like them before. The feel is very different from bikes/tallys (and yes, I'm grouping them together because RELATIVE to Lee's deck, B/T's don't feel THAT different than eachother - they both feel sort of "standard" compared to Lee's)

Overall, yeah, a quality deck, and I could appreciate that, but personally not something I would get. I actually like the standard feel of Bikes and the slightly better feel of Tally's.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results