Review :: BEE® STINGER Playing Cards

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
CONTENTS: Standard deck of 52 cards, two jokers, a theory11 card and a double-backed card.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Just as sexy as the preview.

FEEL: These feel very crisp, seem to fan well on first run-through, and while I'm not an expert on varying card stocks, these seem really nice.

THE LOOK: I love the simplicity of the backs (traditional Bee) along with the white border fade (making a host of non-gambling routine tricks easier [Biddle, etc.]), and have always enjoyed the deeper, darker red on some custom decks.

IN COMPARISON: I don't usually buy custom decks, as some of them seem too cluttery on the backs (and Wal-Mart has had bikes for 99 cents around here). I've played with one deck of guardians, most of the black decks at Ellusionist and the garden-variety limited edition bikes that go through the stores. As I said before, I've always felt that it's difficult to tell the difference if they are in the same league, but these feel very nice in comparison, somewhat snappier and sturdier.

ANY CONS? The deck I opened first seems to have the backs printed slightly off-center, making one short-sided fade closer than the other. I ordered six packs and haven't opened any others to see if this is a recurring theme. This is not, however, noticeable enough to damage the quality of the entire deck.

If you like the look of these, just grab them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
thanks for your review velcrowe. I just ordered these cards the first day they came out and I'm still awaiting my package to arrive. I wasn't so sure if I would like them or not, but from what I saw they look and should feel pretty dang good. again, thanks for the review. from what you said I would most likely enjoy these cards just as much as you do! haha.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
did u guys get a shipping confirmation letter like when u order a product. i order theese the first day also and i havnt got my shipping comfirmation email yet

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We recently upgraded our shipping system, so that would explain the lack of shipping confirmation emails. Rest assured that all orders are of course shipped within 24 hours, and if you ordered these on the day of release especially, you should be seeing them in the mail VERY soon.

Appreciate the review, velcrowe. Glad you dig 'em!

Mar 25, 2009
What is the finish like ?
How they feel ?
Can you compare them to other decks ? (bicycle,tally-ho...)

CONTENTS: Standard deck of 52 cards, two jokers, a theory11 card and a double-backed card.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Just as sexy as the preview.

FEEL: These feel very crisp, seem to fan well on first run-through, and while I'm not an expert on varying card stocks, these seem really nice.

THE LOOK: I love the simplicity of the backs (traditional Bee) along with the white border fade (making a host of non-gambling routine tricks easier [Biddle, etc.]), and have always enjoyed the deeper, darker read on some custom decks.

IN COMPARISON: I don't usually buy custom decks, as some of them seem too cluttery on the backs (and Wal-Mart has had bikes for 99 cents around here). I've played with one deck of guardians, most of the black decks at Ellusionist and the garden-variety limited edition bikes that go through the stores. As I said before, I've always felt that it's difficult to tell the difference if they are in the same league, but these feel very nice in comparison, somewhat snappier and sturdier.

ANY CONS? The deck I opened first seems to have the backs printed slightly off-center, making one short-sided fade closer than the other. I ordered six packs and haven't opened any others to see if this is a recurring theme. This is not, however, noticeable enough to damage the quality of the entire deck.

If you like the look of these, just grab them.

Which do you think is better, a deck of splitspades, or a deck of stingers?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Team awesome doesn't have to answer to simplistic ideals. If they did, then they would just ask their friend which deck is better.
Ha, actually I just busted on him in a pm about it too.

I'm sure he will get to it when he's done with his daily awesomeness training.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results