Good Gaffed Coin DVD or Book

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good DVD or Book that utilizes a Flipper and or a Shell. With B-day money I am getting a set of Walking Libs with shell and flipper from Schoolcraft and i'm looking for some good routines to use them with. I don't mean just vanishes or 3 fly's.. they are done to death (even though I love em!) and i'de love some unique stuff.

My skill with coins is decent. I don't do alot of advanced stuff (with the exception of advanced sleeving, which I use alot so sleeves are fine) but palms, transfers, passes, ect. are no problem.

Sharp

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
ExTROYdenary, by Troy Hooser.

Although it does include 3-fly work, I would imagine it could be considered THE book on what you are looking for. Also, see his videos.

Sep 15, 2007
Troy's work on the flipper and shell coins are legendary for sure.
He has three videos on his work with coins that includes that work.

The Roth DVD's are good too as well as the outstanding Coin one ans soon I am sure the Coin Two DVD's.

Silver Dream by Justin Miller is an excellent effect with ] and includes some work you already do and no three fly on it haha.

I think The Palms of Steel Videos by Curtis Cam are a great source of material also.

Later,
Snorri

Thanks guys!!!

Isn't "4 Coins, Your Hands" somewhat like Daniel Garcia's "Your Personal Safe", without the traveling ring, of course.

EDIT: Just as a note... CoinOne uses only one of each gaff, correct? Haha... the routine so looks so dang good i'de think hes using like 3 flippers.. hahaha

I am looking at everything, thanks a bunch!

Sharp

Sep 15, 2007
Coin One uses only one of the gaff your getting. No flipper.
Troy uses the flipper all the time and has some advanced techniques with it.
The other videos mentioned by others are good as well and their mention in this thread caused me to revisit them.
There really are some cool things you can do with the Flipper and a shell that are not 3 fly like.

Oh and look at the Chris Korn Videos he really has some cool moves and I can recall a session with Troy and him that was awesome....the routines that came out of those session were later put on the Korn Tapes.

Enjoy your new props man....lifetime of entertainment with just those two gaffs.
Later,
Snorri

Jul 19, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good DVD or Book that utilizes a Flipper and or a Shell. With B-day money I am getting a set of Walking Libs with shell and flipper from Schoolcraft and i'm looking for some good routines to use them with. I don't mean just vanishes or 3 fly's.. they are done to death (even though I love em!) and i'de love some unique stuff.

My skill with coins is decent. I don't do alot of advanced stuff (with the exception of advanced sleeving, which I use alot so sleeves are fine) but palms, transfers, passes, ect. are no problem.

Sharp

Hey,
I agree with Glenn, check out ExTROYdinary by Troy Hooser. Actually taking it further check out Troy's book "DesTROYers", and the "Silver Surf II". Both have outstanding work on flippers and shells. There's enough information to keep you busy for quite some time. Homer Liwag's coinone, and cointwo are both pretty slick too. Have fun.

"Do you like card tricks?
"No I hate card tricks."
"I'll show you just one."
He showed me five.

Jul 19, 2008
Ooh on a Craig Petty related topic, check out his DVD "Attack of the Bag". Craig has re-introduced magic with the coin bag. The coin bag isn't new, but Craig's approach is, and the material is totally for the worker. A basic working knowledge of coins would help. Not to mention the bag is fun to play with. Sure hope that came out right.

"Here's photo of me when I was younger"
"Every photo of you is when you were younger"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results