Pixel / Dan and Dave Buck - Review

Jun 2, 2009
HEY!!! So ive never done a review before but i desided to do one because this trick was never really reviewed yet. so hope this helps you in your think process of whether or not to buy the effect. So here we go

What they say: From a deck of playing cards, a card is chosen at random and shuffled back in. Completely lost! A rubber band is wrapped around the deck and everything is placed on the table. Visually (with all eyes fixated on the deck) the selection leaps to the top, free from the rubber band.

Difficulty: basicly this trick is pretty easy to do. if you know how to do good slight of hand this will be a really easy trick for you. Of course for the beginers, i still think they would be able to do it. as long as they practice it until they get it. so difficulty would get a (low being easier) 2/5 (1/5 being the easiest thing ever, 2/5 being a little difficult 3/5 takes some good knowing of sleight of hand, 4/5 being hard, but not impossible, 5/5 being IMPOSSIBLE!!)

Method: Of course im not going to reveal it. So the method is something that i expected a little, i just didnt really know how to go about doing it. The method is good and practical just make sure that you follow the tips they give you. You not only can do this on the table, but you can also do this in the hands. I like the tabled version better because i would think that spectators would think that im maybe doing something fast with the cards. so the tabled version is better because your NOT touching the pack. the method for in the hands and tabled is the same method. Method 4/5

Angles: the angles are really good. the only angle you have that is bad is the back side but ONLY when you are getting ready to do "the move". Angles 4.5/5

Teaching: GREAT! Dan buck (I think its Dan) does a good job of teaching you and goes through it several times. He also gives you very helpful tips on the effect. Teaching, 4/5

Conclusion: I think that this is a great effect, very visual and i also think that it will hopefully be one that i perform for people (havent yet). so overall i think that this is a good trick to get for $8.00. a little overpriced though for one effect though. what ever. I rate this a 8.5/10.

Thanks for reading this, i hope you like this review and let me know what you think. if you want me to do any other reviews on any other on demand trick, let me know what one.

PS

sorry if there are grammer mistakes. i only capatalized in inportent sentances. and my spelling is not exactly the bomb either. oh well. later guys

Daniel

D

Deleted member 2755

This looks great overall. This is a must-get for sure. I don't own it so I don't know if my opinion will change after getting this, but I would probably use patter similar to Daryl in his Ambitious Card Routine. Check it out on Youtube. He wraps the deck with rope and makes it come to the top. (Not instantly or outside the rope. Not visual, but still awesome.) I would say something like making the deck "sleight of hand proof". Overall, this looks amazing.

-Doug

Jun 2, 2009
This looks great overall. This is a must-get for sure. I don't own it so I don't know if my opinion will change after getting this, but I would probably use patter similar to Daryl in his Ambitious Card Routine. Check it out on Youtube. He wraps the deck with rope and makes it come to the top. (Not instantly or outside the rope. Not visual, but still awesome.) I would say something like making the deck "sleight of hand proof". Overall, this looks amazing.

-Doug

yeah but that one has a gimmick. Pixel does not. ive seen it a few times and i was think about getting it but i didnt really see myself perform it.

D

Deleted member 2755

yeah but that one has a gimmick. Pixel does not. ive seen it a few times and i was think about getting it but i didnt really see myself perform it.

I didn't know that used a gimmick, but that's irrelevant. I'm just talking about patter, not methods.

-Doug

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
if you love handing the magic from you to a spectator this is an incredibly powerful trick when they hit the table. It makes the interaction absolutely perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 11, 2009
I just want to mention that Pixel is an effect created by David Jade not Dan and Dave Buck.

yeah. it is. i forgot to mention it (by the way this is my new acount. already did another review on triad this time and am going to do one on double D's and Aces)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results